or Connect

Posts by Dunks

But does it have 2GB of RAM?
I can't wait for this to launch in Australia. I really hope we don't have to wait 12 months. The terminals are already in widespread and my bank at least is showing interest.
 If GTAT can't meet it's obligations shouldn't they be required to sell off not just the furnaces but other assets including their IP as well?
The most interesting thing about this is each Spotlight search that replaces a Google search has the potential to improve your online privacy.   Apple's explanation seems reasonable. I'm satisfied that this is not being used to profile This is used to provide and probably provide a degree of context for follow up searches. I trust Apple not to abuse this because their business model is not dependent on it.       It's the profiling and tracking between websites that I...
 Which is exactly what happened. On some plans excess data above what is included in a cap is charged at upwards of $1 per MB which could easily run into hundreds of dollars. People who have low data caps are also the kind of people that aren't likely to understand the detailed consequences of having the automatic download settings turned. Maybe they almost never buys music or apps and turned this on once and forgot about it. They are also the kind of people that don't...
Tying healthcare benefits to employment is stupid. Access to healthcare should be a universal right regardless of employment status, with timely and free (or at the very least affordable) basic care for citizens. This is exactly this kind of reason why governments exist to leverage bulk purchasing power and centralised decision making to drive down costs. Privatising healthcare drives profit-based activities and leaves our most vulnerable to delay seeking treatment early,...
The real issue was that people who had automatic downloads turned on weren't given enough information about the implications of this, or enough notice to turn it off. For some of these people it was pushed to their mobile devices over cellular, which had the potential to eat up their entire data allowance or even cost them hundreds of dollars for exceeding the allocated mobile data cap on their plan. When you view it that way hundreds of dollars does seem like an awful...
Cloud services do not exist for the purpose of convenient data fishing expeditions. If they want access to personal data they should obtain a court order that demands the user hand over their passwords, like they used to before the internet. If he believes he is entitled to have back-end access without the user ever being notified then I wholeheartedly disagree. We need to be more proactive rather than reactive in maintaining social order.
 It's clear talking with friends that the primary appeal of Android devices has been the screen size differential. There are those that are  Android may be flexible but it's clear that developers just can't cope with the hardware permutations. There are points where Google gets it very right (tags in Gmail for instance - the one thing keeping me from migrating to Apple Mail) but most android software leaves a lot to be desired. basic apps like Facebook and twitter (and a...
 Agreed. I use it as a TV sound bar, home stereo and portable boombox. The sound is phenomenal for the size and cost.