or Connect

Posts by Dunks

Phew! Thanks internets. I dodged that bullet.
 News flash neither did the iPhone 6.
This is a pretty massive beat-up. This is definitely user error. You just have to look at the way news agencies are reporting it and the intensity of opportunistic schadenfreude in the comment section to see we've now entered the twilight zone of internet fanboy-ism. There are people who have been frothing at the mouth to beseige Apple with the next antenna-gate.   That said I'm not a fan of Apple using of aluminium as a material. Yes it's light and inexpensive but it's...
 Predictions:Update on "phenomenal" iPhone 6 launch and iOS 8 update. OS X Yosemite available free today. iPad Air and iPad mini retina to gain touch ID and iphone 6 like rounded edges. Announcing AppleStar Galactica: command an intergalactic force for good. Available in sliver, gold, rose gold, space grey, and black hole product red* *Samcylons sold separately
 Probably the same since the rate limiting step is currently the manufacturing side of the equation.
This is pretty huge.
 Not if you are reading this on an iPhone 6 + and those lines were down-sampled :-)
 This is the biggest sticking point for me. I will need to see real world statistics on battery life before I commit to a model or not. I REALLY wish they had made the iPhone 6 enclosure flush with the camera lens and used the extra space to bump up the battery capacity. I think a lot of people will be opting for the 6+ just for the higher resolution and PPI display and increased battery when size-wise at least they would be better suited to the smaller model.
Every year I wonder how they can possibly make it better whilst still keeping it simple and accessible. Every year they amaze me with new, and critically, useful features.
 Oh how I do love a good price-based argument, especially in comparison to brands that made "negative profit" in the last financial year. As a customer I'm happy that Apple have decent margins it means that they have a stable future. How many people how invested in the Palm ecosystem are thrilled about it today? As an iPhone 4S user I happen to think the iPhone 6 plus represents good value for money, even if a raw spec sheet comparison might say otherwise.