or Connect

Posts by Dunks

iPhone 5ciPhone 5s As is. No changes, except for cascading down the pricing tier.
 This. A million times this. An electronic payment system is the missing piece to PassBook. 1) Customers get better than card present security and a unified system to replace all the loyalty card chaos. 2) Businesses get iBeacon advertisements and easily quantifiable stats and tracking for repeat customers, possibly with a lower fees than they could individually negotiate with credit card companies. 3) Apple gets access to reliable data on businesses for their mapping...
 Have you considered that the rounded display edging might be an intentional evolution of the design? The point being to remove sharp edges and marry the display to the enclosure in one continuous, touchable surface. Since recent versions of iOS have introduced edge of the screen gestures this has a functional aspect in terms of improving user comfort. I wouldn't be surprised if Sir Jony Ive addresses it specifically in his design overview. It's also something I've...
 There is no way Apple would load up an entire cargo ship with their products. For starters they need to transit product to more than just two locations. Also container ships do occasionally sink and that loss would represent an unacceptably catastrophic risk for the company. Even if they had insurance to covered costs the cost to the brand in botching a release would be immense. It's more likely that 70%+ of the cargo is reserved for even more regular commoditized freight...
 The leak looks highly legitimate to me. 1) The fit and finish of the device is extremely precise. It matches parts from earlier leaks and is a believable evolution of the design. 2) Nothing in the software looks out of place and the screen is highly responsive. 3) If you had the capability to manufacture something to those tolerances why would your squander it on outright cloning instead of building your own products and business? 4) If the primary evidence against this...
 You're asking how a device designed to capture biometric data would authenticate a user...? All jokes aside - it's a valid question. Touch ID seems like an important piece of the puzzle.
I hope all media coverage redacts any images of opportunistic branding if only to thwart this kind of cultural hijacking.
 I imagine Apple could fairly seamlessly cut out the middlemen in the future if they had to, or at least leverage the threat of doing so to the benefit of consumers.
I don't understand the use case that drove this specific design decision. It feels like the hardware team had the technology to do it so they just did it then the software team had to make sense of it. The only function I can see that actually makes sense is the tool that allows you to use it as a lined ruler, but even then it still compares unfavourably against a 30c plastic ruler. This is what Apple refers to when they talk about FOCUS being defined by the ideas they...
 I'm inclined to think that Apple will keep the iPhone 5C exactly as it is and just continue to drop the price. It is relatively easy to keep it fresh by changing up the colours without other modifications. Their goal with this model is to eventually offer a very cheap phone that will displace the iPod touch from the line-up. They have chosen not to launch it as a cheap phone but launch it as a premium model and adjust the price downwards over time as they did with the...