or Connect

Posts by Dunks

Maybe it's because Apple is in the industry of manufacturing computers and not manipulating their own share price through dubious financial arrangements.
I'd love to see it mandatory that all company shares be held for a minimum period, say 24 hours or a week. In it's current form the market is just too manipulable. Day traders, and high speed trading systems on algorithms who start and end the day with no shareholdings produce nothing but pure profit (money pick-pocketed from others).
 I would say the biggest threat to Google is that they deal in an information economy rather than a cash economy. Google users are not customers but the product being sold to advertising customers. Awareness around the real world consequences of the information economy is building. Browser plugins that block all adwords, trackers and social networking plugins across the web are relatively trivial to implement. In fact in typing this reply I'm currently blocking 7...
 Well.... (Ahem)... That certainly increased the "thrown cat"-to-pigeon ratio.
I felt that withholding Touch ID in 2013 was a clear indication that the next version of the iPad mini and Air would otherwise see a modest bump in 2014. Touch ID in 2013 felt like the thin edge of of a much bigger wedge. Given it's initial success with a limited audience I can imagine Apple backing touch ID in a big way. Aside from enabling big push into mobile payments I'd really like to see them connect touch ID to a system-wide password keychain and simplify access for...
I miss my orange smart cover.
 By all appearances the display on the gold model has definitely been faked. If you look below The edge of the display and the (parallel) edge of the phone don't have the same vanishing point. The headphone jack also looks weird. 
It looks legitimate to me, at least for a design model. Especially after seeing it's dimensions overlaid with an iPhone 5S:     Some points: Sunny Dickson has a recent track record Component quality, fit and finish is similar to other Apple device leaks The design improves significantly on the current model without introducing many tradeoffs (except for a small increase in height). Maintaining the same width as the iPhone 5S avoids the main drawback of...
I feel great sadness for the many decent people in Russia who have had their country hijacked by corruption and divisive politics. Some people should just never be given the reigns of power. My country is reeling from a similar, appalling lurch to the political right. Six years unwound at the stroke of a pen by a fearful, duped public, and the machinations of a complicit media empire. It's not even traditionalism or conservatism: it's just cronyism, scapegoating and class...