or Connect

Posts by Dunks

It's unfortunate that you would choose DKCR, one of the most challenging platformer games ever made, do demonstrate the viability of on-screen software buttons. There are a handful of levels that require single button input but generally the precision and button combos this game demands absolutely requires the use of a physical controller.
Nintendo make a number a games that would function perfectly well with a touch interface - the tactical RPG series Fire Emblem and tactical strategy game Advance Wars are examples of this. Nintendo makes awesomely great controller hardware. This could be just the thing needed to push the MFi standard forward, which Apple is unfortunately happy to let wallow in mediocrity. Either that or we're in for an even bigger onslaught of mediocre Pokemon titles.
In reality sales have tapered because they got so much right with the 2-3 generation iPads that there is little incentive to upgrade. The primary reason I sold my iPad 3 and bought an Air 2 was the weight/form factor. The processor bump was just a bonus.
 I think it's also about triaging notifications. It doesn't replace the phone, it just replaces a few of the tasks for which you require the phone, just like the iPhone replaced many of the tasks that normally require a computer. "At a glance" is different to "at arms reach". It's subtle but no less powerful. Don't forget that it also contains always-on sensors that provide your phone with more context about the user. It's not being leveraged actively now but in the future...
#BringBackBurntOrange  
They absolutely nailed this product. Apple are really pushing the design envelope hard with this one. Who'd have thought even ten years ago that the 3.5 mm auxiliary audio port would be considered a constraint on computer chassis design? If I had a time machine I'd love to sneak back to 2008 and secretly substitute this with the original MacBook Air in Steve's on-stage manila envelope. I think even he'd fall off the stage.
Prior to the Apple Watch with Milanese loop this has been the high water mark for watch design:  
 I feel bad saying it but man are those things ugly.
That's weird. The starting price for the stainless steel, particularly with the Milanese loop, is lower than I was expecting.
 I believe this and the hexagonal array were done partially to make the app icons appear more jewel-like. The recent images in vogue display the home screen and it doesn't look out of place against the couture.