or Connect

Posts by Dunks

I fixed that for you.
 It's already autumn (fall) in the southern hemisphere. Does that mean we get new iPhones a full 6 months sooner than the rest of the world?
 It's actually worse than that because half the time when you do have it correctly oriented it's not aligned perfectly and because you don't want to push it in the wrong way and break something you end up trying the other side anyway. Then you have to work out which side felt the "least wrong" before jamming it in firmly.
I'm both terrified and excited about what the Apple Watch means for Apple moving forward.
It would be great if they made a physical controller with a 4-axis d-pad, ABXY buttons, 2-shoulder buttons (4 is too much) and twin analog sticks. While I recognise that the touch interface is great for some types of games (cardand board games) the touch interface is truly awful for interacting with games that don't require you to manipulate objects directly. I love my Wii U but it really struggles from a lack of third party content.
I really thought this would be in Australia by now. Compatible EFTPOS terminals have already been rolled out extensively and there are only a handful of major banks that would need to support it at launch all of whom have expressed interest. At least the NFC is locked down watertight so we don't have to deal with every bank trying to roll out a flustercuck of mediocre propriety versions.
 It's unfortunate that you would choose DKCR, one of the most challenging platformer games ever made, do demonstrate the viability of on-screen software buttons. There are a handful of levels that require single button input but generally the precision and button combos this game demands absolutely requires the use of a physical controller.
Nintendo make a number a games that would function perfectly well with a touch interface - the tactical RPG series Fire Emblem and tactical strategy game Advance Wars are examples of this. Nintendo makes awesomely great controller hardware. This could be just the thing needed to push the MFi standard forward, which Apple is unfortunately happy to let wallow in mediocrity. Either that or we're in for an even bigger onslaught of mediocre Pokemon titles.
In reality sales have tapered because they got so much right with the 2-3 generation iPads that there is little incentive to upgrade. The primary reason I sold my iPad 3 and bought an Air 2 was the weight/form factor. The processor bump was just a bonus.
 I think it's also about triaging notifications. It doesn't replace the phone, it just replaces a few of the tasks for which you require the phone, just like the iPhone replaced many of the tasks that normally require a computer. "At a glance" is different to "at arms reach". It's subtle but no less powerful. Don't forget that it also contains always-on sensors that provide your phone with more context about the user. It's not being leveraged actively now but in the future...