or Connect

Posts by Dunks

I don't have flash installed and never want to. It's the most bloated crap ever. I hate it when websites refuse to serve content in a web standard format. That "friendly" suggestion for me to download flash makes me want to punch your website in the face.
Well there would have to be skilled human workers to service the robots. At least until someone makes robots to service those robots. I'm genuinely concerned about the long term social consequences of robots replacing unskilled labor. If we get to a point where no-one can afford to buy the things which the robots produce then the whole system collapses.
If we do see two sizes I think it will be "iPhone 6" and "iPhone 6+" in line with the "iPhone math" rumors.
The new radial menu seems to be a very specific design decision and has me wondering if this hints at a potential watch display form factor.
I think we are going to start hearing a lot more about third party extensibility. There are lots of advantages to offering a single app with additional pro functionality being offered (at a price) in a compartmentalised, but structured, way.
 Eventually devices may have entirely cognitive interfaces. There is little need for a display when pure concepts can be projected into your consciousness.
Serious question: Are there any usable workarounds for Endnote referencing support, mailmerge and pivot tables? These are literally the only 3 things keeping me from ditching Microsoft Office forever.
I genuinely don't understand why people are fanatical about swype-type keyboards. It seems to me that dragging a finger across glass is slower than two-thumb pecking. It also gives the predictive text software less information to work with (eg. one tap per letter), which makes it more likely to suggest incorrect words. What am I not getting? The only thing that really bugs me about the iPhone keyboard is how easily the dictation button can unintentionally triggered.
 It's not a question of innovation rather one of useability. I've always felt there was far too much bezel in the iPhone lineup, particularly above the display. The reason it's so big is to a sense of visual balance/symmetry between the chin and forehead. Also it probably allowed for a larger battery since that's where the loss would have most been felt if they had minimised the forehead. The actual sensor used by touch ID is much smaller than the home button though so...
 I certainly hope so. And I hope this comes with the iPhone 6. The introduction of touch ID in iPhone 5S was an extremely conservative proof of concept. iOS's sandboxing and touch ID intersect in such a way to enable powerful security without additional complexity. PayPass is convenient but it lacks a verification step. Touch ID can introduce a verification step that is more simple than remembering a pincode and is not vulnerable to being glimpsed at the checkout. This is...