or Connect

Posts by Dunks

Youtube says this demo video was uploaded on 1 October 2009.   It's "typing" rather than "texting", which probably means the world of difference in the patent world, but what would I know.
As a global community of internet users we need to have a serious discussion in how we can decouple our future from total alignment with the core business values of the likes of Facebook and Google. It's very well to say "just don't use these services" but for many people that effectively means social isolation.
Dear world, I am sorry for your loss. Sincerely, Me
What if iTunes for android was really the soft diplomacy way to link an Apple account to an android device so that if Apple rolls out a mobile payment system it is functional across ~100% of mobile devices instead of just iOS (or just android). Mobile payments have been technically feasible for a while but past and current implementations leave a lot to be desired in terms of security, ease of use and rate of adoption. Note that Apple has a proven track in these...
 Sentences like this let me know I'm reading a DED piece.
 Though for the same price you can get an iPad Mini with retina display which has the same display resolution, an A7 processor and is 321 grams lighter.
Called it yesterday. http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/165527/rumor-apple-to-launch-lower-capacity-8gb-iphone-5c-this-week/80#post_2489918
An 8GB iPhone is almost a feature phone.   An 8GB 5C may not be a replacement for the 4S (at least for now) but something intended to create a more gradual upsell path in some international markets. Consider the difference in cost for each base iPhone model in the US and the Australian Apple stores.   Outright price as per the US Apple Store iPhone 4S 08 GB US$450  iPhone 5C 16 GB US$549 (+$99) iPhone 5S 16 GB US$649 (+$100)   Outright price as per the Australian...
I think people misunderstand the role of the 5C in the product line-up. The 5C is only lacking sales now because the 5S completely knocked it out of the park. The plastic enclosure means it is relatively easy to knock together, and refresh the lineup with new colour options. for this reason I believe Apple will opt to keep the 5C at its current feature set and push it into lower and lower price categories (rather than translate the 5S into a similar platic enclosure in...
I'm really tired of the way all the termites come out of the internet woodwork and start trotting out bible verses every time the gay question comes up.   Humanity has already solved that discussion.