or Connect

Posts by Dunks

I bought a 6 partially because I thought the international roll-out of Apple Pay would have happened by now. Compatible NFC terminals are ubiquitous in Australia - in fact US credit cards already work here. I'd really like to know what stage the negotiations are at with Australian Banks and where the hold-up is.
I was ready, mouse and credit card in hand, but still missed the launch window because the Apple website was down (probably due to the server getting hammered). By the time I thought to try the iOS App all of the day-1 stock for the model I wanted was completely unavailable.
 I see yellow, red and ORANGE *squeeeeeeeeeee!* 
I think it's interesting that some of the watches handed out are one-of-a-kind models. Apple definitely wants to encourage people to make theirs unique. It does make me wonder why the default sport band options are so lacklustre though. Light blue, pink and the most horrid shade of green I think I've ever seen; hand me a sick bag.
 In Australia the 42 mm sport goes for $579. Add an extra $300 for the equivalent steel model. It wasn't so long ago we were close to parity with the US dollar. *Sigh*
That looks like the same thickness as the Air 2, which is just amazing.
 Very short-sighted. Taxes can represent a good return on investment by way of bulk purchasing power. The kind that funds public infrastructure which builds the stable economies from which companies like Google reap the benefit. Profit offshoring is a sin commited in the name of the almighty shareholder. 
I tried this out at the Apple store and it blew my mind how realistic the sensation was. It totally obsoletes Apple's older diving-board style trackpads that were already best in class.
This little tidbit has conviced me to get the 42mm version:   "Apple Watch battery performance claims are based on test results from the 38-mm Apple Watch. A 42-mm Apple Watch typically experiences longer battery life."   http://www.apple.com/au/watch/battery.html
If manufacturers were smart they would build this kinds of one tap ordering feature directly into their products and set them to order from their preferred supplier.