or Connect

Posts by Dunks

I expect we will see this smaller process appear in the new iPhone. Think similar performance to the A5X but renewed focus on power efficiency and an “A6” moniker to reinforce that it’s state of the art. They are likely to move to 4G which will require power savings from other areas. The piece on extending the height of the display without affecting the width is very compelling. While I prefer the display ratio on the existing iPad and iPhone to that of most widescreen...
I concur with this entirely. I would also say Maps is also pretty excellent and Reader is... well... functional. The problem with Google is they are not using this new platform as an opportunity to do away with antiquated interface elements like the windows start menu. Selling out now for market share is going to bite them in the butt down the road. Pandering to corporate users in the now and forgetting to plan for the future is, and will be, the downfall of...
I thought it was an equivalent reading level to the post it was in response to.
You’re confusing two different stories here. It's more accurate to say it's "glassified metal". The “glass” portion refers to the disorganised amorphous (rather than crystalline) arrangement of the metallic molecules. The radio transparency derives from the amorphous state, which is not subject to magnetization or the shared electron flow of crystalline metals that results in them acting like molecular faraday cages. Cubic zirconia and zirconium are different things....
This guys earns more in an hour than most people earn in a year!
"Free" is not what it used to be. Ad-supported apps end up costing the consumer in other ways.
I'd prefer if content was the same price everywhere until the entire industry can standardise around a single eBook format. I'm not interested in having half my digital media in Kindle and half in iBooks. Though the price does need to come down significantly, especially if the publishers are going to fork us over with DRM. In many cases it is still possible to order a single dead tree book on-line and have it shipped internationally for less than the cost of the same...
This would be really nice, especially if they went for a HiDPI displays. The current design is starting to look really chunky next to the svelte Macbook Airs. My 24 inch iMac could do with a refresh this year, but at this point I feel it's not worth buying anything that doesn't ship with a HiDPI display.
Dude, where's my iPod?
Honestly Meryl Streep had this in the bag.