or Connect

Posts by Dunks

Admitedly the last two graphs above were an "awkward" period for Nintendo with a series of lukewarm product launches and almost zero first party software for an ailing home console. It's probably a lot to do with install base and the large number of casual gamers Nintendo courted with the wii and DS lite that no longer see the value now that there are free or 99c apps on a iOS device they probably own anyway.
I'm sure Apple will become very interested in selling us on the benefits of music formats with larger file sizes when they want us to upgrade from 1TB SSD iPhones and Macbook Airs to 10TB SSD iPhones and MacBook Airs.
I think iOS is going from strength to strength. The people I’ve spoken to who prefer android tend to fall into 2 categories: those who enjoy spending hours tinkering with code and customising their devices and those who are happy with 60% of the iPhone experience for 60% of the price. iOS + curated App Store has solved so many fundamental problems that other tech companies have long relegated to the “too hard” basket–identity theft, malicious code, software compatibility...
I think consumers would be more interested if it had a dedicated Game (App) Store for HDTVs, slightly roomier internal storage (16-32GB) to better support app storage and supported a standard Apple-branded console-quality controller out of the box (even though that would mean a higher price). It doesn’t need to be as gaudy at an Xbox/Playstation controller. Just something more tactile than a multi-touch glass surface.
"Stay hungry?" A review of their in flight service perhaps? I kid. V Australia actually has the best in flight service I’ve ever seen.
Survivor Guatemala! Now those were the days...
This article begs the question: why haven't American carriers figured out they can give away every iPhone for "free" simply by rolling the upfront fee into the monthly charge (which can simply be different for each model)? The only price that should matter is the total cost of ownership, so if the upfront price is a barrier to many customers why not just eliminate it altogether?
The iphone has the best hardware and construction but lacks physical controls. The PS vita has the best button layout but the software is hit and miss. Nintendo has the best software catalogue but the construction is half-assed, plastic, clamshell, two-screened, awkward, behemoth with zero battery life. What's a gamer to do?
And yet self immolation is still preferable to navigating America's healthcare system.
And orange smart covers.