or Connect

Posts by Dunks

It would make a decent alarm clock for those without an iPod touch/iPhone. Hopefully it will not be used for music though. People who sit on public transport listening to rap or bollywood music through external speakers make me want to punch humanity in the face.
I mostly like the new kindle lineup. It's not a Jony Ive standard of design but they're not as fugly as some of their competitors either. Time will tell if the quality of the content is going to justify the investment in the ecosystem. They are definitely getting a leg up from the success of the App Store though. You only have to look at the apps they are showcasing in their promotional materials. The want you to think you can have the app store experience for half the...
Infrared is non-ionising. Zero health impacts. You are receiving more “radiation” from the visible light being reflected off a postage stamp.
This is just a small time individual trying to leverage the media attention. Other Australian-owned sites operating out of Asia have been doing this media shtick for a while. You can predict the length of these matters by the wittiness of the hashtag.
The aviation maps require a pretty hefty briefcase. The size of each map is less relevant that the total amount of information they display (which might be quite high, depending on the DPI).
The carrier should just sell a device agnostic phone service. The carrier has the right select which phones they bundle with their own plans. But if a customer can't bring their own phone to the service (whichever phone they choose) then the system is broken. Apple didn't build a universal world phone just to solve supply chain issues. They see this as as big a problem as any in the industry.
Don’t worry, inertial scrolling has you covered.
Siri is great. The other day I was listening to music on the way home from the gym and I was able read and reply to text messages as I walked to the bus stop all without taking my iPhone out of my gym bag. I wouldn't say Siri is reason alone to upgrade. For me that was the enhanced graphics of the A5 chip, the kick ass camera and the new 64 GB capacity. The fact I was upgrading from a second gen iPod touch and a $50 Nokia helped. Other's mileage may vary.
I will keep dreaming. I'm no kid though.
I second this motion.And from an environmental standpoint repurposeable trumps “highly recyclable” any day of the year.