or Connect

Posts by Dunks

In a normal market that should mean that any carrier with a lower prescriber base should be willing to poach customers from the others just by not screwing the customer for an arbitrary service fee (for a service that is not provided). I'd say that's evidence of cartel behaviour/criminal price collusion between the carriers. Why are people not rioting over this?
Is US$90 a month standard practice in the US? If so consumers are getting royally forked. Carriers thrive on less than US$30 a month (excluding the cost of the phone) elsewhere in the world. I’ve seen decent pay-as-you-go plans for as little as $12 a month. If capitalism is supposed to give power to the consumer why are none of the carriers undercutting the competition? Forcing carriers to release phone numbers and handsets for porting between networks would be a good...
The nano was bound to replace the shuffle given the similar form factor. I still love jogging with my second gen shuffle. I think the rusted orange remains the best colour finish on any of their consumer devices. It's still in pretty good nick. It will be a sad day when I eventually have to retire it. Does losing the classic hint at an 128GB iPod touch? I could see them going either way on this one. With iCloud and social technologies they could push the idea...
I think Amazon will do ok with this. If they can make the interface light and nimble it doesn’t really matter what limitations the revision 1 device has compared to the iPad. Although not so well established in international markets, their ecosystem is probably integrated well enough to establish a user base in the US. The primary failure of android tablets has been the inability to compete with the iPad on price. $250 is a lot more gift-able than $500 so this entry...
Ireland - surely the higher version number will be reserved for the high end model, no? The more similar the next iPhone looks to the existing model the more Apple needs marketing to differentiate it. Calling its spiritual successor an “iPhone 4S” can only detract from its desirability. “iPhone 5 with iOS 5” has state of the art written all over it. The “3GS” was a unique situation because they called the 2nd generation iPhone “3G”. They couldn’t very well call its...
Does anyone else think we are interpreting this information the wrong way? This "new" design is clearly an evolution of the iPod touch. It makes no sense for Apple, after 4 years, to suddenly turn around and argue that and iPod-touch-like design is a premium device and the iPhone 4 design is now the low end consumer device? If the 8 megapixel camera module is the same thickness as the 5 megapixel module in the iphone 4, this suggests that the phone can't become any...
Amazon are one of the few that have enough of an ecosystem to pull off something approximating the iPad/iTunes experience. I thought coverflow was a patented interface element though. I distinctly remember Apple buying out the developer before they integrated it into iTunes.
I’m glad Apple et al are taking a stand. I’m not interested in managing a personal information economy. I can’t be the only person to think it’s unfair when software developers to demand personal information as payment when it is clearly not necessary to deliver the service. Sure you can exercise your right not to sign up to such a service, but inevitably enough sheeple will sign up, making the business model viable and creating a barrier to other companies from...
Introducing the new iPod shuffle: The Internet. In your ear.
Because in "feeling for" a capacitive button you have already pressed it (even if this was not your intention). A physical button allows a user to differentiate between locating and activating.Imagine how annoying it would be to use a mouse that didn’t have any physical buttons and activated everything the cursor inadvertently moved over.