or Connect

Posts by Dunks

In the example you have described the resolution has been doubled along one axis. The iPhone 4 the resolution was doubled along both axes. In a theoretical volumetric display you might double the resolution along three axes. The "along all axes" can be inferred because modification of the aspect ratio results in a qualitatively different type of array. The root word "resolve" has very specific meaning.
It is correct to say that it quadrupled the number of pixels on the display or quadrupled the density of the pixels but this is not what the term "resolution" refers to. But when measuring a display's resolution the number of pixels are "resolved" to each linear axis. Since the number of pixels along the vertical and horizontal are have both been increased by a factor of two it is accurate to say that the resolution has been doubled. It is implied that the aspect ratio is...
Elsewhere in the world, BYO (bring your own phone), Prepaid, Month-to-month plans are much cheaper than the equivalent “contract + phone” plans. In most cases they are cheaper by approximately the “hidden” cost of the phone. Also US$649 is cheaper than any unlocked iPhone currently available internationally so those prices may prove very popular with travellers.Carriers want customers locked into a contract because it guarantees their custom for the duration of the...
I thought Americans had guns to resolve situations like that.
Not familiar with the App but LOL at "political opposite". When did ideas stop being judged on their own merit and start becoming part of "the republican agenda" or "the democrat agenda"?
I'd settle for any Mac under $1500 with a 1-2gig dedicated graphics card. It could have a 6 inch screen for all I care. Pigs might fly!
Easy. The product is priced based on it's perceived value, rather than it's actual value.If the consumer's choice is only between iPhone A and iPhone B (since you can't use iOS on any other phone) then Apple are not subject to the same types of competition as the manufacturer of a phone using a generic operating system.This is what PC enthuisiasts refer to when they reference the term "Apple Tax". In reality it happens everywhere from pharmaceuticals to skin care to popcorn.
I'm looking forward to seeing the final costs associated with this service. It would be very nice if over-the-air syncing of basic stuff like emails and contacts formed a complementary service for those with an iPhone/iPad. The data involved would be negligible compared to something like streaming video content. Wishful thinking probably.
Why would it be 4GS? That's just unnecessarily complicated. It will be iPhone 5 running iOS 5.
Those methods all require active input from the user and planning in advance. Apple's service can happen automatically in the background whenever you purchase a new track. Not saying it's necessarily worth the money they will want to charge for it though.