or Connect

Posts by Dunks

The 13-inch MacBook Air does have the same native screen resolution as a 15-inch MacBook Pro (1440x900).
Seconded!
That's been there for a while. Even the second generation device has it courtesy of a free update. In my opinion it's one of the strongest reasons to own the device. It's not the natural, immersive web experience that the iPad is but it's definitely useable if you know a few tricks. And the battery life is insane. I travelled with a friend who had one in the US last year and used it to book accommodation, check email and maps when outside of wifi range. It rescued us from...
I like the physical home button. When holding an iPod touch in landscape orientation you can rest your thumb in it without triggering it accidentally. Apple seems to understand the importance of haptic feedback. They replaced the capacitive buttons on the third generation iPod with a click wheel didn't they?If they want a seamless surface I could see them making the whole front surface into a click button - like the trackpads on the macbooks and the magic mouse.Clicks in...
The video is fine. I could definitely see an iPad Film Festival. But most people are more likely to take a photo than shoot a video in everyday life. The larger screen is actually great for framing birthday shots and then sharing it without everyone having to huddle over a tiny screen. It's a little heavy and the tiny (!) shutter button is in an awkward position. But the camera sensor is fine for the web but you can't even take decent photography in good light. I don't see...
Skeptical, but if true the clip on the back would need a large cutout for the camera to see through without blocking the lens. I figure the current nano is designed purely as an upsell mechanism. I imagine the screen would appeal to many people in the market for a shuffle, while the iPod touch is a natural upgrade for those accustomed to the roomier screen dimensions of the previous nano. It's in Apple's interest to stimulate people to consider moving along the path...
Love my new iPad and orange smart cover. Lined up 2.5 hours before they went on sale at one of the small, obscure resellers in Sydney. I thought 2.5 hours was cutting it fine, but, surprisingly, there were only 6 people waiting in line. About an hour before launch the line was about 50+ deep. I really enjoyed the line up experience, chatting with the other Apple enthusiasts. Lots of bystanders asked why so many people were lining up. We managed to convince a few that we...
Launched slightly earlier than the advertised 1AM Shipping in "2-3 weeks" right out of the gate. Placed an order for iPad and polyurethane smart cover. Estimated shipping date 19/4/11 Estimated delivery date 21/4/11 Traveling overseas for two weeks on 16/4/11 so not sure how that's going to go down. Will try my luck at a retail store tomorrow then cancel online order if necessary. I guess those lines are going to be long in the morning!
Here the police make them mobile checkpoints. Any police car can pull you over and test your blood alcohol concentration in a simple breathe test. Problem solved.
Apple Australia website still mentions the 25th. Housemate works for an Australian telco. Said they are in the final stages of preparing marketing material and all systems are go for a Friday launch. A MacTalk forum user called the Apple Store in the CBD and was allegedly told to expect an 8AM opening launch (there was conflicting information about a 5PM local launch which has never happened here before).