or Connect

Posts by Dunks

I think I'll just donate the money I would have spent on an iPad to the Japan recovery effort.
You're probably right regarding a partnership with Visa or Mastercard. It would be easier to implement with their involvement because the authentication infrastructure is already in place in a way that's (apparently) more reliable than the internet. And it would sell lots of Apple devices. Maybe once it's established Apple will look to replace Visa/Mastercard's role entirely. I think Steve would consider this an ideal market to exercise control over.
It won't be 30%It might be less than the transaction fee charged by Visa, Mastercard and Amex.Apple wouldn't enter such an established market unless they had a significant disruption strategy.Unless they link your iTunes account directly to your bank account it's use would still be tied to your credit card anyway (which Apple waives the transaction fees for at the moment). I'm not so sure Apple would be so eager to waive the transaction fees when you purchase a new sofa.
That's quite a few degrees of separation. RFID adoption in the international market is really a chicken and egg case. RFID isn't really a feature that drives adoption unless you can use it in a number of places. And it's not likely to be available in a number of places unless it's widely adopted. But we know Apple are setting up a number of other features in their devices which are not necessarily immediately useful but will probably become very useful in the future when...
I wouldn't have thought "very" poor but thanks for taking the time to let me know. I'll be sure to run my thoughts by you before posting next time.
Will Australia be one of the few markets to see a price drop for the iPad 2?The Australian dollar is 15-20% stronger against the greenback than when the iPad 1 launched.And the iPad 1 dropped a massive $180 in Australia following the iPad 2 announcement. US $499 -> US $399AUD $629 -> AUD $449My hunch is that the Australian iPad 2 will be priced from $599.It's a rounder figure than $629 but still leaves a conservative buffer should Apple be concerned about volatile changes...
I don't think that was genuine information. Was't it just economic speculation that the lead up to Christmas is generally a peak purchasing time and therefore a good time to launch a new product if you want quick market penetration? I think Apple products are generally seen as a "destination" purchase by most consumers. It probably doesn't really matter when they get released because people save up and buy exactly what they want rather than make do with what they can...
Wait. I'm confused by your response. There was nothing hysterical about my post. Of course Apple know about scalpers. Why else would they limit purchases to two units per person?
This is what I assumed to be the case when the US shipping dates for the online orders slipped within hours. Apple Australia are advertising that they will have them available for "preorder" online which I guess will give a few days notice next week if that's the case.
It would be polite of Apple to release it internationally according to the schedule they announced. I've already arranged for the day off work on the 25th and want to claim a refund on the sales tax, which I can only do if it launches before a trip that has already been booked and paid for. An international launch helps Americans get their products quicker too because it removes the market for professional scalpers.