or Connect

Posts by Dunks

I have to call you out on that. I would have to assume you've not spent much time abroad. America doesn't have mandatory voting the only people who vote are those who feel most strongly about political issues. Since moderates tend not to vote they also tend not to actively pursue information about political issues which means that there is no market for news sources which do not assume their audience has a particular political affiliation. Although it's presented in a news...
Admittedly they did spend a lot of time working on the appropriate multi-touch gesture for "I consent to all of my personal information and the personal information of all of the contacts in my address book being instantaneously and irreversibly uploaded onto the internet".They were going to go with flipping the bird at the screen until Zuckerburg realised nails are not sufficiently conductive to operate a capacitive display.
I agree with your points I just find it overwhelmingly depressing that "$" is the benchmark of "success".
Zynga don't make "games" so much as they manufacture environments where people make micro-transactions in order to "do stuff". They basically appropriated the same business model used by slot machines. Cigarette manufacturers also have a successful business model. Does their economic success absolve them of their social responsibilities?
Hah! This from a company that can’t even develop a native iPad App? Who would trust a service this infamous for bilging basic personal information onto search engines and newspapers with something as sensitive as their credit card details? Enjoy playing farmville while the hackers are mining your bank account.
This is exactly how my mind reads posts of this nature. If you indicated you were turning the random Toshsamsonydell thingy into a hackintosh you would have a point worth making.It's not that Macbooks don't go horribly awry, because they certainly do from time to time, it's that volunteering to use Windows software feels like volunteering to have a frontal lobotomy.
I can confirm that they're real, frequent enough to be considered the "actual" price and not tied to any purchase.http://www.giftcardsonsale.com.au/calendar/ Disclosure: I have no connection with the above website.
After installing Snow Leopard I thought any direction Apple took the operating system was just going to be gimmicky. I wasn't that thrilled about iOS creeping into OS X, but after watching the developer preview I'm really looking forward to Lion, particularly their incredibly disciplined implementation of multi-touch. As an observer, the staged roll-out of multi-touch, from halcyon days of two finer scrolling, felt excruciatingly slow, but extremely satisfying now that it...
Doesn't every student already own three iPods by now? It makes sense that the promotion is iTunes credit since their focus is now on cultivating a garden of users with healthy (paid) app-etites in order to attract developers. Though $100 credit is not really $100 value. Those cards routinely sell for 25-50% off their face value in brick and mortar stores. However, the current line-up of macs offers more value than they ever have (particularly for international...
In the example you have described the resolution has been doubled along one axis. The iPhone 4 the resolution was doubled along both axes. In a theoretical volumetric display you might double the resolution along three axes. The "along all axes" can be inferred because modification of the aspect ratio results in a qualitatively different type of array. The root word "resolve" has very specific meaning.