or Connect

Posts by Dunks

Nike certainly seem to have done well with the nike+ integration.
iPad is... Cuisine!
Except for the camel hump.I expect the iPad 2 to start at a AU$599 price point in Australia. Especially considering the strength of the currency and $629 is such an odd price point.
Is it called "windows"? Zing!
A spudger is the probing tool they used to disconnect the connector, rather than the name of the connector itself.
This rumour I believe.
And isn't the purpose of paying taxes for the "social good"?
I think it's simpler than that. It is significantly easier to find & subscribe to content on an iPad than using some publisher's own web service. The cost of producing content+profit gets evenly divided amongst all subscribers. Publishers can be reasonably be expected to gain more subscribers if their product is available. If ALL subscriptions are done through the app store they only need about 40% more people on a subscription to make more profit at the same price point...
It would be nice not to wait another year just for a retina display but I think it's unlikely. Considering the lack of competition in this market I'd expect them to launch updates on pretty much a yearly cycle. To stabilise the share price Apple also have a need to even out their sales figures throughout the year. Currently iPods occupy the (northern hemisphere) autumn slot. We have iPhones roughly 3 months before that and the iPad roughly three months before that. I...
For a retail price of US$200 outright it would be difficult to deliver a handset with enough compelling features without cannibalising their own price points. I'd say it's unlikely unless it's part of a bold move by Apple to have everyone using a near field chip connected to an iTunes account to make purchases, instead of their credit card. I wouldn't put it past Apple, but it would take a bold, and well coordinated, move.