or Connect

Posts by joelsalt

"had been" is past perfect continuous"Was" is just simple past (i think always passive, but maybe not?) They are different.  Past perfect continuous generally is used to for something that happened BEFORE something else that also happened in the past:I had been waiting for someone when she arrived I agree with Lorin about the phrase "the price had been reduced to XX." would be more by the book if it used simply "was," but I probably wouldn't have noticed if the Lorin...
Isn't it pretty disingenuous to make declarative generalized statements then simply say after the fact its your opinion?  Also, isn't it disingenuous to ad hoc post a few citations and tell someone to formulate an opinion based on information gathered from works, which, say, one might list as a citation, which is simply what I asked for in the first place? And isn't it disingenuous to discredit a device based on an opinion draped in declarative rhetoric when its clear [the...
[citations needed]
 It may be a stupid product (or not - I'm not sure) but this is without a doubt the stupidest argument.  Infant mortality rates before the last century were astronomical - in many places even in North America they were still very high before World War II.  Innovation is the ONLY reason things are "fine" now.
So why are you here?
Just buy a battery case if you want to carry a giant heavy brick with more battery life instead of demanding Apple makes an entirely new version which would sell extremely poorly
This guy is a serious riot. 
It would be good for Apple if their end goal is to move AppleTVs for profit.  It would be bad if they had some sort of subscription model of their own coming, which I doubt. I don't see why having an Amazon Prime channel is any different than Netflix (besides Netflix not coming out with Tablets/Phones - but if someone wants to buy an Amazon Fire, why not tempt them to get an AppleTV by allowing them to watch content on it)?
It's neither. Old English tended to pronounce words based on the first syllable, which tended to create alliterative strophic poetry.After William the conqueror changed the official court language to French in 1066, French words entered the lexicon, which is why Chaucer is so different from, say, Gawain and the Green knight.French words (and Latin, which we borrowed from heavily in the Renaissance) have stresses in later syllables. So borrowed words (calques) have...
Not to mention the products they make are taxed (at least where I'm from and in at least some states) AND the employees are all taxed on their income.  I'm not necessarily arguing for low corporate taxes per se, but corporations do get taxed at LEAST 3 ways, 4 if you count sales