or Connect

Posts by joelsalt

I've never had my machine beachball on me once!
So did my old macbook pro.  Hell of a lot lighter than the Toshiba my co-worker had.
How do you figure?  Are MacBooks heavier than plastic computers?   I think Aluminium is heavier, but has better strength-to-weight ratio than plastic (so can be much thinner to get same tensile strength), but its more expensive.
I stopped using my iPad as much as I used too, but its also 5 years old.  My wife has bought 3 iPhones in that time frame; i agree and think the turn-over rate is the main factor in Tablet sales declining
If they stopped selling iPods today they'd make less money in a year than if they didn't. I agree the iPod is on its way out, but it still makes money, so why stop?  Eventually people will all migrate to Watch/other wearables, but not right now, so why cut the iPod early?
You' d also need to factor in huge R&D costs for the phone that have long since been recouped for the iPod Line
Agreed.  $410M is not much for apple, but its still $410M.
Not only that, a 3 year old phone's battery won't be nearly as good as a brand-new iPod touch's. I use a touch instead of a phone and would be interested in upgrading soon as its 2.5 years old.  Not paying for data has saved me thousands of dollars and has only caused me grief maybe 2 or 3 times in my life.  There is a ton of wi-fi in my city though.
Does it use the same infrastructure as the Tap-to-Pay?  Because I've never seen any specific Apply Pay signs either, but Tap-to-pay is everywhere. edit: or i could just read the article...