or Connect

Posts by joelsalt

the optical drive does take quite a bit of space i'd rather a bigger logic board. But the idea of an App store is intriguing, but d/l an OS over the internet seems quite a ways off
can you imagine how many people on this forum would cry bloody murder if that happened ... and how many would "never buy an apple again" I dunno if the time is right to remove it from the mini ... the mini could legitmately be used as a "media centre" in which case playing DVDs could be quite useful. Heck, its even an argument to try to include Blu Ray as an option ... but that would make the Mini pretty expensive and sort of counter intuitive. a thin unibody aluminium...
its a numbers thing. 95% of people using a non-pro computer use basically a) DVD / iTunes watching / listening b) web surfing/email c) word processing d) maybe minor iPhoto/Address book/ garage band So really upgrading most of the specs doesn't affect whether or not the machine is usable, so they upgrade aesthetics and "miniturize" so that they can have a selling point. I think its mostly people in this forum (myself included) that would use an 'xMac'
powermac G5 is included in that 5 years
The battery/harddrive panel forces the logic board to be a small size (and while also keeping everything so thin) or at least it looks like that to me.
30" iMacs?
that's sort of what it is.
899 could be 13" lowest video card + lots of options for memory/hdd update to bridge the gap 1299 could be 15" more video card Wouldn't put it past apple
Canada's doing fine
hmm, unlikely OR product transition that reduces margins? hmmmmm?