or Connect

Posts by joelsalt

I don't want my tax dollars to pay for your healthcare.
Can always count on Solip for an actual reply. So, basically, the french screw us again! ... relax bonhommes I'm only joking. I don't really buy (har har) economies of scale. That, to me, seems more of a worldwide thing (with shipping as a factor). I doubt many iPads are sold in Omaha as compared to NYS but that doesn't alter the price. The GTA has 3 million people. I assume Canada abides by the FCC but I'm not certain, and we also use a 110V adapter etc. I was under...
True, obviously, but what are they? If the product is manufactured outside the US, how is the import cost any different?If they come from China on a ship to Los Angelos, say, how is it more expensive to ship it to Vancouver than to New York?I'm not trying to be facetious; I'm very interested in why we are paying a 10% premium north of the border. If import tax is not the source, what is?I suppose wages might be higher for employees? edit: this seems far too regional...
that cause we never get a bargain
Why? When i bought my computer from apple it shipped straight from China, and I paid 10% extra for it going to Toronto-Saskatoon instead of New York-Fargo? Is Canada post more expensive? There is something missing here. Likely it has to do with exchange rates years ago or something. Thats an excuse we get often.
I'm not arguing that this is Apple's fault ... just that it's stupid.I'm not 100% on VAT, but we sure as shit pay an extra 10 percent sales tax when we buy the product. I thought VAT was supposed to replace Sales Tax?Edit: my only point is this: I also live in a bungalow in the suburbs in North America driving a car (that was likely produced in Canada though we paid more!) and get a product shipped from China, so I don't see why it should cost us 10% more!Its like that...
so wtf good is the free trade agreement if we pay international tax anywaySoftwood Lumber all over again!(insert Hardwood Lumber joke here)edit: they are made in China anyway, which is what rips me off.
Our dollar is at 98 cents yet we still pay 10% more for the base model! Humbug!
He would have just claimed that they were "all fanbot sheep" that were "sucking at the teat of Apple" buying their "mindless drivel" etc. etc.
That's what I've been saying for years!