or Connect

Posts by joelsalt

I've already bought the entire series on VHS (originals only, as they were the only ones that existed) and Blu-Ray (which I regret).  Even though I'd prefer this digital version for utility, I really don't want to pay 3 times for the same movies (although, knowing Lucas he changed a bunch of stuff for the iTunes version)
The Mini 3 is an exception, and they made a big deal about the iPad Air 2 being so much thinner (remember them lasering off part of a pencil) I think it unlikely a new number without a new phone case, however, Apple has been inconsistent from time to time I hope they ditch the numbers.  The larger the numbers get the more unwieldy (iPhone 10, iPhone el-e-ven ... gross)
But it would be fantastic for braille
Didn't old mac laptops do this?  I vaguely remember my '04 iBook coming with a mini VGA->VGA or something like that(edit: and it was freaking expensive!)
The computer is $1200 ... how the adapter "ridiculously costly?"  If $80 is an issue, then you're a MBA candidate.  Also, like Soli says, if you are reliant on this adapter then you are a MBA candidate. But I think you're right in that it will improve.  In a year or two the MB will be $999 with 2 USB-C ports (and Apple/Beats will probably have USB-C headphones by then)
I HAVE bent my headphone jack before, so I guess I could see wanting to prevent that. But I'm with you on the removing the jack from the laptop in favour of USB-C - I mean, worst case scenario just buy a 3.5mm->usb-c adaptor and let the rest of us have a port we might actually use.
that one made me giggle
I'm now thinking the big wait for the "retina" cinema display is to have just one cord - a USB-C - to transfer data, power, and display to the laptop, like they wanted to be able to do with the old ACD. Later this year or next year all the macs will have USB-C and then they can make this happen.  And there's your extra ports.
That is good to know.  Of course, the nearest Apple store is about 600 km away from me - but my sister lives there so i visit from time to time.
And a completely different computer.  This isn't rocket science, man.