or Connect

Posts by joelsalt

Sounds like a PizzaShit
Nah, they don't care about Mac/PC anymore.  If anything it would be iOS v Android, but I don't see that happening.  I don't think it'd be a good move if it did.
That's like saying you are allowed to take money out of a companies cash register because it popped open once you paid for something, or steal a car because you found the keys on the street.
WTF? People call things like ginger ale or cream soda coke? That's pretty strange.
Ditto in Saskatchewan with one caveat: my house isn't on Apple Maps yet and it is on Google Maps, sort of.  The new area is about 1/6th on Google Maps and not on Apple Maps at all. But of course, this has and will always be true of new neighbourhoods.  Looks like google cruised through only slightly after Apple on the last go around
Copyright holds 70 years after the authors death. Why should decades old material be out of copyright?  In alot of cases the man or woman responsible is probably still alive....   That's like saying MASH should be free since its a few decades old
I don't work in IT, but when I want software it generally comes to my desk as a DVD. There are all sorts of non-tech reasons this could be, such as payment. Or it could be old software. Maybe it's just the specialized stuff I use. (Though it can't be because I use Ms Office and camtasia, among other things)And I'm not defending whatever reasons they give me, only suggesting that some organisations need their employees to have ODDs, even if if they technically shouldn't....
Its a joke that parents don't really have a damn clue what teachers/education system do/need.  Speaking as the spouse of a teacher, I can pretty much confirm that stereotype.   Also working at a university I can tell you that (some/many?) big organisations do in fact need optical drives for software, which might be stupid, lame, so last year, whatever, but its plain simple fact.
My guess the reason for the recent increase is because as of a few years ago (5? Too lazy to check) you need a passport to get into Canada even by driving.  Not really a germane post, but either way.