or Connect

Posts by svnipp

First of all, thanks for stating the obvious as a millennium IS 1000 years.   Next, is it religious individuals who are hateful and bigotted, or is it the entire tone and content of your post that is hateful and bigotted?
  The individual being quoted here isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer...  Very, VERY few states plan for, and need to plan for, hurricanes.  Just like very few states and localities need to plan for major avalanches, earthquakes, volcanoes, blizzards, and many other regional types of emergencies and natural disasters.  Yes there are occassions when some federal assistance is both necessary and appropriate, but let's face it, state and local government is much...
Why in the world would we do that?!?!  It's the liberals and Democrats who want to "fundamantally change" the country.  How about you leave our country alone and go find one yourself?
  No.  I think that there is a bit of a difference between homosexuality which is condemned in multiple places in the bible and generally not condoned by both Christian and Jewish based religions and scholar, and the eating of Kosher foods which is a predominantly Jewish custom and most Jewish authorities throughout history have agreed that this law can be violated when human life is at stake. 
  Well...  Jesus says (Matthew 5:17), "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."  Since homosexuality is condemned in the Bible in multiple place, for instance, (Lev 18:22-23) "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.", the question can be turned around as to where in the Bible does Jesus specifically condone homosexuality?
  What the heck are we going to talk about after next week?!?!  :)
Well...  My wife is in home health as a physical therapist (anyone else ever notice if you break that word apart you get The Rapist).  She works for a company that gets business from dozens of small home health management companies.  She has been told that with the way things are going right now our area is probably going to lose the vast majority of these small companies with only a handful surviving out of the 30+ that she currently does work for.   Additionally,...
  OK.  Sorry about that.  The article seems to be advocating for the confiscation of private property for the common good.  The article doesn't address the question of who gets to determine which 400 houses get the juice that these generators could provide.
  I'm curious how he did in 2010?  I honestly don't know and don't really have the time to try and hunt this down.   I do see a serious potential flaw in his analysis though...  He is aggregating the polls, and virtually all of those polls are over sampling Democrats by somewhere between +5 to +10.  If the Gallup turnout prediction of +1 for Republicans turns out to be true, Nate is going to be on the wrong side of this one in a HUGE way.  As I've been saying for days...
  Silver admitted to voting "for Democratic candidates the majority of the time", and back in 2008 he was "a supporter of Barack Obama".  How exactly does this gel with your position that his is so very "demonstrably neutral"?   IF Obama wins on November 6th, I'll know exactly why Romney lost, and that would be turnout was dramatically different than I expect it to be.  In all honesty, this election could go either way and it depends entirely on who's turnout model is...