or Connect

Posts by svnipp

You call it cherry picking, and others would call it prioritizing and/or picking your battles. I suppose you don't have children or you would have a clue that you can't simply control every aspect of their lives, you have to pick your battles. You don't let them play with matches, but you let the bedtime slide 20 or 30 minutes every now and then. Marriage and life are a couple of items that are on the higher end of the priority spectrum. To equate those items to...
The ignorance on display by some people in the country is amazing, and scary. Was that last bit about how many states a dig at Obama having been in 57 states? I'm afraid that you may be correct, but I'm hopeful you're wrong here. My hope is that many independents/undecideds are simply stuck with conflicting values. For instance, they may prefer Obama in terms of ObamaCare but disagree with him on gay marriage. Or they may prefer Romney's tax plan but believe that Obama...
  Why exactly are you so upset about Prop 8?  It's the people in Ca who VOTED to support Prop 8.  I'm sure that plenty of those individuals not only weren't Mormons, but I'm sure a ton of those voters weren't even Christian (since you're pointing to the Bible).  Besides, you have won on that issue since the judicial system out there is so far left they didn't bother to consider the message they were sending my simply over-riding the will of the people.  I wonder which...
  I haven't read the entire thread, so this may have been brought up already...   My take on this is that your question is only accurate if by "free birth control" you are referring to abstinence.  Whatever other forms of birth control you might be referring to are anything but free.  They may be paid for by someone else, but there is only one form of "free" birth control.  Considering birth control is a bank busting $9/mo or less I really don't see this as being the...
  I don't watch SNL, or at least I haven't in years.  That said, I have several SNL favorites like Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood, The Ambiguously Gay Duo, the original Weekend Update, and the Belushi deli samurai bit.  There are a lot of other good ones, but none of the more recent stuff I've seen (though I haven't watched at all in the past 10 years) has even come close to the classics.
  Come people...  Everyone needs to give BR a break here.  I mean it's not like the Mormon church changed their views on racism decades ago or anything, right?  I mean this just happened in the last couple years such that Romney would be a palatable candidate for the US Presidency.    Oh wait...  The change was almost 3.5 decades ago?!?!  Well, I wonder how long BR feels it appropriate to hold the sins of the father against the child.  Let's just take this logic back...
  I may have missed the bobbing head, because I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about.  As to the water, I think they captured him taking a drink 4 or 5 times?  This doesn't seem strange at all to me for the amount of speaking he was doing over a 90 minute period.  I will say that this is really encouraging if your main criticism of Ryan's performance is that he was thirsty.
  I'm not trying to be argumentative here, just honestly wondering...  I agree that the equipment for nuclear enrichment is indeed highly specialized and should make monitoring of the enrichment processes somewhat easy to monitor.  However, doesn't Iran already have some kind of rocket capability?  Didn't they recently successfully test a medium range rocket with the potential to hit Israel?  Seems to me that this would mean that the basically have the delivery vehicle in...
  There are idiots in every crowd.  Obviously it's not like this is representative of Romney/Ryan supporters, though the Huffington Post would love for people to make that assumption.  That said, this sounds like the kind of tactic that the Dems use to demonize their opposition.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was a SEIU member.  Nor would I be surprised if this was a PhotoShop'd image.  Seems like a pretty weird angle on the shot.
  Just got done with a fairly brutal workout so I'll see if my arms and hands will cooperate...   There are very, very few questions that come to mind that I assign to God as you put it.  Creation is simply one of those few items.  I have an enormous amount of faith in science to be able to answer almost any other question that comes to mind.  Cold fusion, fast than light travel, cryogenics, and a whole host of other things.  However, that the universe simply sprang into...