or Connect

Posts by svnipp

Pretty much the same thing I said on the weapon side with a couple of minor differences.  It's been over 20 years since I was a nuclear reactor operator in the Navy, so I've forgotten a few details.  As to the explanation of the speed of assembly, I really think this is actually irrelevant because a reactor by it's design cannot achieve critical geometry in sufficient mass for a runaway reaction.  However, I think we are just splitting hairs at this point.
  No idea.  The very nature of God is by definition beyond the comprehension of man.  This may sound like a lame way out, but this is part of the nature of faith.  God has to exist outside the scope of physics and time as we understand it.  Whereas the physical substance of the universe had to come FROM somewhere, God is eternal.   Assuming that you don't agree with that arguement...  How do you explain where all of the matter and energy that comprises the universe came...
  Another point that biden is missing is the fact that Iran can produce a dirty bombwith a suitcase and a couple of hard granades.  Obviously this isn't as dangerous as an actual nucear bomb, but it is still a serious escalation from mortars and conventional missles.   As to the issue with a nuclear weaon the likes of which everyone is concerned...  I worked on nuclear reactors as opposed to weapons, and the thing I know is that in order to achieve a nuclear detonation...
I have a feeling that this has come up before, but I'll ask here anyway since we are on the topic of the Bible and religion...   If, as BR believes, there is no God...  Where exactly did the universe come from?   Personally, if for no other reason than the inability to answer this question, I think belief in some kind of God is only logical.
  Wow...  I just thought you were an atheist Democrat.  I think you're actually a hardcore anarchist.  You aren't an Occupy Wall Street kook are you?
  What mythical world do you live in?  There is no such thing as objective reality, it's a myth, or at least it is a myth that a human being can actually view the world as such.  From the moment we are born, and even months before that, we are bombarded with sensory information.  The most mundane thinds in the world are subjective in nature.  It's simply not possible to view a political contest in a purely objective manner.  Even if you were to rigorously sift all of the...
At sunset to people are arguing.  One claims it is getting more dark while the other claims it is getting less light.  Both are correct in their interpretation of the facts.    The problem here is that numerous conflicting studies, polls, and assessments have been performed on a number of the issues in question.  Some of these present "facts" that are more supportive of one side or the other.  It's also the case of garbage in, garbage out.  The starting data and...
  Spoken like a true Ron Paul supporter.   I suppose we should just bring home all of our forces everywhere in the world regardless of treaty obligations or commitments to our allies.  To heck with the rest of the world.
  There is an interesting Washington Times article you may want to read.   The State Department under Hillary Clinton has necessary funds to purchase Chevy Volts and a charging station for them in Austria, but you claim that the Republicans funding cuts are to blame for poor security in Libya.  From June 2011 thru July 2012 there were 48 security incidents in Bengazi alone and yet it wasn't deemed appropriate to enhance security on the anniversay of Sept 11?  Honestly,...
  He came across condescending and disrespectful which I will agree with you are lasting qualities.  Diplomacy is supposed to be one of Biden's strengths, right?  He demonstrated a complete lack of diplomacy from start to finish during the debate.   I'm completely tired of the liar, liar argument.  The lies are the characterization that the Obama campaign has attempted to point Romney with.  Romney didn't fit the Obama narrative, and as a result wiped the floor with...