or Connect

Posts by svnipp

Wow...  Was there another debate recently between Ryan and Biden?  I'm absolutely willing to concede that Biden did MUCH better than Obama did, and I don't deny the argument could be made that he even one the debate, especially true if you only heard a radio broadcast or read the transcript.  However, even Democratic campaign consultant Joe Trippi said that Biden's demeanor during the debate was at best a distraction and at worst an embarasment (not his exact words, but...
  Believe me, I really do think that Ron Paul would be MUCH better at cutting back not only the growth of government, but the actual current size of government as well.  I also agree with Ron Paul on much of his positions surrounding reducing the footprint of the Federal government.  A buddy at work has a great idea of cutting, actual reductions in current size not projected growth rate, 10% per year from government to get it down to a more manageable level.  I would add...
  Sorry.  Of course the old rule is never to dicuss religion or politics.  This being specifically a political discussion forum letting it get off into the area of religion seems to only be throwing fuel on the fire.  Back to the topic at hand.
  Really?  This has absolutely nothing to do with conspiracy theories.  The numbers don't make any sense at all, and there are even caveats in the numbers such as the Ca reporting and something like 600k part time job adds.  The U4 number dropped .3% but the U6 number didn't move at all.  If there was a real change in unemployment both numbers would have come down at least some.  Use a little logic and common sense.  This is the last jobs report to come out before the...
  Well, I am a Christian and there is plenty of evidence in the Bible and other historical documents for the existence of God and Jesus Christ.  However, in my previous post I believe I adequately explained my belief in the requirement of God for the existence of the Universe.  I suppose that you feel the Bible is a book of fairy tales and there is no actual historical evidence or proof of various events in the Bible up to and including the resurrection of Christ did not...
  I'm by no means a physicist, though having been a nuclear reactor operator in the US Navy I have studied a bit of physics and obviously nuclear physics.  That aside, I've also read a bit about the spontaneous "creation" of electron-positron pairs which has supposedly been detected at the event horizon of black holes.  This is one of the arguments an atheist friend used with me, and I honestly had to go figure out what the heck he was talking about.  The place where this...
  How exactly did that work out for Ross Perot???   I don't know about voting in a two party system failing "every time".  I personally think that Reagan was a pretty successful President, and I'll grudgingly admit that Clinton was a pretty successful President.  Some parties have been replaced in our history, but America has pretty much always had only two major political parties from which our Presidents have been elected.  There have been some really successful...
  One argument that I think the Dems have been making fairly effectively is the lack of specifics from the Romney/Ryan campaign.  Hopefully we will get some more specifics tonight, and then hopefully the Dems will make a mess of them as they have with Big Bird. 
  If only it were that easy.  The first thing that comes to mind here is the quote from Lord Acton in the late 1800's when he wrote, "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."  There are definitely exceptions to the rule, hence the second part of the quote that is often omitted.    I have two solutions to the problem you have identified, and each of these have about the same odds of being implemented as GJ being...
  It's not wrong at all.  Control isn't the issue here, it's the odds of something happening.  You have control over only your own vote, and possibly some influence over a small circle of associates.  Your control over your own vote in this case is similar to you going into a very large and very cold room and deciding to do something to raise the temperature.  Jumping jacks will raise your body temperature a couple of degrees and subsequently add to the total thermal...