or Connect

Posts by svnipp

Generally speaking athiests have a problem with anything based upon faith.  However, the argument against evolution is by no means rooted only in Biblical faith.   Paleontologists have recently discovered a few, very few in fact, instances of missing links in the evolutionary chain.  The fact that these transitional fossils are so very sparse indicates that these intermediate forms did not survive very long at all.  If evolution is the slow process of creatures evolving...
  As if Democrats wouldn't have done exactly the same thing had the shoe been on the other foot.  The last couple lines of the article in my opinion reach at least one correct conclusion, and that is the fact that the committee should have had a classified security brief prior to the public inquiry.  Now whether this was the fault of the State department for not ensuring that the committee knew about the sensitive nature of some of what would be discussed or stupidity on...
What exactly do you mean by a "first-past-the-post voting system"?   As to the "reality" of evolution...  I suppose you are an atheist then?  The universe simply sprang into being with a "Big Bang"?  I suppose the energy for such a theory is perpetual and has simply existed eternally?  There are too many missing links and sudden "evolvements" in my mind for evolution to be a purely and scientifically accurate explanation for life on our little rock here.   As to global...
  Sorry, but those are generally the kinds of people who are in government regardless of the political party or lack thereof.
  I'll bite...  :)   Here in Fort Worth, Tx we have a 40 story hi-rise in downtown that got hit by a tornado several years ago.  The building was still structurally sound, but the exterior glass was extremely expensive and the building owner decided to bring down the building.  The building was actually prepped for implosion, and I believe it was mere hours before it was brought down someone stepped up and purchased the building.  It has since been renovated and looks...
  So you are perpetually going to be supportive of the underdog regardless of political ideaology?  If Gary Johnson weren't the least likely candidate to be elected, he wouldn't be the candidate receiving the least political lobbying.
  You really don't think that if the Libertarian party were to become a solid third party that they wouldn't be lobbied by corporations and special interests.  There have been other political parties in the past and history seems to keep limiting us to two.  Even if there were more political parties in the country though, you are completely naive to think that your new third party would be uncorruptable and somehow immune to lobbying.
  Well, running out of a burning building is done out of fear for my life, and it would indeed keep me from burning to death.  I would love to be as completely in line with Mitt Romney as most Ron Paul supporters are with him, but I'll settle for his being the vastly better choice of the two options available.
  This is a very eloquently written piece and very effective.  If Barack Obama were not as dangerous to the future, the immediate future, of America as I believe he truly is I would be moved to vote Libertarian myself.  However, my decision is motivated much more by what I see as the impending disaster of a second term of Barack Obama.  In no way do I have blind faith that Mitt Romney is going to be able to miraculously dial back the size and scope of the Federal...
  How much does not voting help?  How much does a write in or a vote for someone who can in the most optimistic of estimates gain 5% of the national vote help?  Romney is not my first choice, but he is the only choice we have in getting rid of Obama.  Is it the lesser of two evils, I don't think so.  I think Romney is fundamentally a much better person than Barack Obama.