or Connect

Posts by svnipp

So, who is going to decide which 400 homes get the juice instead of the marathon?  You do realize that you are now advocating confiscating private property don't you?  This has absolutely nothing to do with corporations being "in bed with government".  This is the simple fact that the organizers of this event purchased these generators for their event and are using them for that purpose.
  I'm really not sure what your statement means in relation to this article, but the article itself is completely bogus.   The author states that under current tax policy, "taxes on foreign profits of American firms are deferred until the companies repatriate the money to the United States."  The author then goes on to state that due to the credit given for taxes paid on foreign profits,"there is no double taxation".  How exactly does this make any sense at all?  If a...
  You seem to miss the point.  Nate Silver is about as perfectly neutral as Karl Rove.  Silver is associated with both the New York Times and MSNBC, two obvious bastions of political neutrality.  These associations are going to make his analysis suspect by default.  His track record based upon the 2008 elections is shallow at best, and I don't think it took a real brilliant intellect to read the tea leaves that Dems were going to do extremely well in that particular...
  Oh my god!!!  Fivethirtyeight shows Obama winning the election?!?!?  Stop the presses!  Nobody could possibly have foreseen that one of the most left-leaning major outlets in the country would analyze things to show that their guy is winning.  Yeah, we should just give up now.  If you're a Republican, don't even bother to vote.  Fivethirtyeight has called the election for Obama.   Seriously, and Karl Rove has an analysis showing Romney winning with over 300 electoral...
  There is still the potential problem with the sample in those polls that show Obama with a slight electoral college edge.  The latest Gallup poll suggests that voter turnout won't be +8 or more for Democrats, but even or possibly even in favor of Republicans.  Virtually ALL of the swing state polls that show Obama with a narrow lead also is still using the 2008 voter turnout model, and this is looking to be less and less likely based upon polls and early voting data. ...
  You should also start to factor in that according to all of the sources I've seen, Republican early and absentee voting is about 15% (I think) higher than Democratic early/absentee voting.  This should be a good early indicator of overall turnout, and if that's the case it's going to be a very, VERY bad day for Obama on Tuesday.  By the way Herald, those are the facts as they stand right now.
  Cherry-picking a little bit here are we?  FEMA was established in 1979, so since the department's inception there has been 20 years of Republican executive leadership as compared to only 12 years of Democratic leadership.  Odds are that Republican administrations are going to be hit with more issues during that relatively brief history.  You also seem to have omitted the heat wave of 1995 that killed over 700 people, mostly poor, black, and elderly in and around...
  He also went on in that interview/statement to say that, "because states and localities are in the best position to get aid to the individuals and communities affected by natural disasters."  I don't see what is so incredibly contradictory here.  He believes that the states are better able to manage emergency disaster preparedness and response than the federal government, and I don't disagree with that.  That said, in a disaster of this magnitude there is always going...
  Yeah, at this point I'm very optimistic, but it could still end up going horribly wrong.  That said, I would be pretty stunned if Romney doesn't end up winning and I would be more surprised by a narrow win than a pretty larger margin.  This has been one damn long election season though, and as much as I'm looking forward to this weekend I'm really looking forward to new Tuesday night even more, and that's saying something since the kids are going to grandma's for the...
  Care to cite a few example of how/where Jesus' teachings are in opposition to right wing philosophy, or are you just going to leave that broad generalization hanging?  As to those "claiming to be Christian", you can certainly find examples of those who say one thing and do another.  Let's take for instance the claim of cutting the deficit in half in his first term and then doubling it...  Most of the Christians that I know are charitable, caring individuals who have...