or Connect

Posts by svnipp

This sounds a lot more like what I would expect and for all of the right reasons. The one extra that I could see making it's way into the new iPhone 4S would be the larger screen. Obviously there is no mention of a change in screen size, but we can hope. This is in stark contrast to the thread from Sunday with someone predicting LTE, NFC, better battery life, and a partridge in a pear tree. The only downside to me is that next year's iPhone sounds like it will really...
I think the manufacturing process is just a bit more involved than you are making it seem. I'm sure that lots of parts are already in the manufacturing process for the new iPhone 5. I'm would guess that final assembly is scheduled to being in August and this probably has a lot to do with QA of components and having enough of those components on-hand to actually feed the assembly lines. There are probably also issues with current contracts for existing iPhone 4 orders,...
Sounds like a wish list to me. Most of this sounds really great, though I'm really not sure what a "teardrop form factor" is? My guess would be LTE is not going to happen this time around, but probably pretty likely for next year. I think I remember hearing something that Apple is NOT going to have NFC ready for this year either, but that may have been just more speculation also. Of course the new iPhone will have a processor bump but just how much faster is anyone's...
I haven't tried it in OS X, but in Unix you could simply do an 'ls -li' which will allow you to see the inode number of the file and then you a 'find -inum # -exec' to rename the file. Just a thought. I only assume that since OS X is basically a Unix variant that this would work similarly there also.
1 - The Mac Pro refresh I think is overdue now, so this seems pretty likely to me. 2 - I'm really not sure how much benefit touch screen on a monitor is. Seems pretty awkward to be reaching out and interacting directly with a monitor. 3 - A Mac Mini refresh to include Thunderbolt and new Sandy Bridge processors seems pretty obvious and imminent also. 4 - Touch screen on a laptop seems almost as awkward of an interface as on a monitor. I'm also wondering if the MacBook...
I had this same thought too. It would also be cool if Apple standardized/integrated the TB connection into the stacking. This would mean that you could add-on without any cables. You could still have cable connection ports on the back so that if you got really crazy on the add-ons you could start a second stack.
I really can't argue much with this logic. Having been one of the insane to buy the entry level Mac Pro back in 2008, I'm really leaning towards the 27" iMac next time. Right now I'm looking towards upgrading the GeForce 8800 GT to the AMD 5770, and this has always been a big reluctance for me on the iMac. If however as some of the suspicion/hopes here suggest and we could somehow get a TB plugin graphics card to allow for upgrading the iMac graphics that would pretty...
I think the real argument and difference here is that Apple is still currently selling the 3GS. It would strike me as odd for a customer to walk into a store the day that iOS 5 is release, buy a 3GS and have an Apple store employee tell them on the way out the door that they can't install the latest and greatest (aka current) iOS on their shiny new iPhone. Of course, I'm also suspecting that with the release of the iPhone 5 Apple will ditch the 3GS and move the low end...
I'm not going to pick apart individual aspects of this response, but I'm going to generally disagree here. Having built a couple dozen PCs for family, friends, and myself over the years I'm quite familiar with that particular route. Being a tinkerer, and very much an above average user I have upgraded my own PCs regularly. However, I very rarely upgraded any of the other PCs that I built for people. One example of this is my brother-in-law who I build an AutoCAD PC for...
I fall into this particular class myself. Having bought a Mac Pro a little over 3 years ago I'm very happy with the machine, but it is getting long in the tooth and I'm now wondering about going back to building a custom machine myself. Of course there is the problem of not having OSX on a custom built machine. I'm sure I could go the Hackintosh route, but though I like to tinker I really don't have time to deal with what I'm afraid would rapidly become a headache...