or Connect

Posts by svnipp

Kind of screwy that they are putting off the proximity sensor update which is a BIG deal for some people to roll it out with the first major iOS 4 update. Heck, they put out the pointless signal bar display fix and that is definitely trivial compared to the proximity sensor issue. I know that the wife will be VERY happy once iOS 4.1 comes out if for no other reason than the prox sensor fix. Seems that iOS 4 needs just some general stability improvements as well. I get...
Not to be insensitive to your situation or anything, but if I can make it over to Ireland next year after I upgrade to next summer's iPhone I may just try and remember to bring my 16GB 3GS along with me. Who knows. I might still be able to get a few hundred pounds for it then. Be extra spending money on vacation.
Personally, I would take it back in and see if they will waive the restocking fee due to the new product release. If they don't waive the restocking fee, I'd probably still pay the penalty. Bear in mind that the processor upgrade also provides a pretty substantial memory performance upgrade not just in faster memory, but the integrated memory controller on the i3 gives you yet another memory performance boost. I think it would be worth the $110 or so that it would cost...
Not really for me. I'm no longer a high-end gamer, but I can run some pretty sweet stuff on my '08 Mac Pro like Dragon Age Origins. I went the single quad core route with the 8800 GT video option and upped it to 6GB of RAM. I have a single box that almost 2.5 years later runs fantastic. I haven't run anything on it yet that I've needed to turn down setting on to get smooth video performance. Someday soon I'll update the Windows partition to Win 7. My XP partition...
I keep seeing this kind of argument and it never quite makes sense to me. The Mac product line continues to outsell itself quarter by quarter, so why wouldn't this continue to be a focus for Apple? I'm going out on a limb here, but I would guess that Apple has different development teams for Mac, iPad, iPod, etc. In fact, I would even guess that there is further differentiation at Apple in that there are most likely specific design teams for the MacBook, one for the...
In fact, depending on what your specific usage is, the SSD upgrade can be the most significant performance item in your system. Obviously this opposite can also be true in that disk performance can be very insignificant. Personally, I have a Quad core Mac Pro right now and if someone offered me another processor for the system OR a 512MB SSD I would take the SSD. I however don't have any need for more processing cores, but the performance boost of the SSD would make a...
How exactly is this lame?!?! You can now get up to 12 cores, better video, and SSDs straight from Apple. Of course, USB 3.0 would be nice, but what more were you looking for exactly? Now, just as soon as I hit the Lotto I'll be able to order me one of these tricked out bad boys. Just imagine 12 cores and 2TB of SSD storage with 32GB of RAM and a top of the line video card.
Hmm... Maybe time for a low end iMac this Chirstmas. We've been needing a second computer around the house more and more with the little one getting older. Have to really check the funds to see if I can squeeze one of these under the tree this year.
Hmm... I got my bumper with the phone also, on launch day and no refund e-mail for me as of yet. No big rush, I'll probably do some checking if I don't see something by Monday.
I think that Apple is building a pile of cash for the same reasons as many other companies. The Obama administration seems to be quite anti-business. Things like healthcare and this new equal paycheck whatever can potentially cost companies like Apple billions. I heard a report recently that large US companies have (I think the number was) a couple trillion dollars stashed in cash. The primary reason for this according to the CEOs/CFOs of these companies is uncertainty...