or Connect

Posts by svnipp

Huh?!?! Is this an argument to something? How about the fact that Apple is still under exclusivity contract with ATT? That may not be your proverbial gun to the head, but it is certainly a valid reason. There are also other factors like Visual Voice Mail that requires work on the part of the carrier for a proper implementation. Plus there are not many big providers in the US who's network is compatible with the current iPhone. Suffice to say, it's a LOT more involved...
We never had any signal issue with the antenna short problem, BUT I did buy a case for the phone in the store at the time of purchase so it has never been used without a case. I'll be more than happy to get a refund on the case. It won't be a big loss for Apple since I'm sure I'll just end up spending that amount and way more on apps and media. Plus, we'll probably be buying another iPad next year. Great company. Glad to see that they are once again doing the right...
Really??? That's weird. I thought that the proximity sensor issue was pretty much a universal problem. Honestly, I thought this was a software based problem that would pretty much affect all phones rather than a hardware issue. I wonder if maybe I should take in my wife's to see about getting it swapped out? She definitely has problems with the proximity sensor.
I really hope this does pan out today. Personally, I'm also hoping for a fix for the proximity sensor issue. I think this is a bigger issue for me than any reception problem.
Yeah my wife is frequently annoyed by the proximity sensor problem. Unfortunately, she also has experienced dropped calls when out in the sticks. Hopefully most if not all of this will soon be addressed with a software update. As to the issue of the antenna short problem... I still don't see why this is an issue? I bought a case for her iP4 the day I bought it and had it on the phone before I left the store. The simple fact of the matter is that there is no way I...
Can anyone recommend an app for SMS texting that is fully voice integrated? I have seen Vlingo, but this appears at first glance to be send only. I'm really wanting to find an app that works both ways. I'm wanting something that you can record a txt, like Vlingo, but something that will also read a received txt. Additionally, the ability to reply to a received txt would be ideal. If Vlingo can actually do this, just call me stupid and I'll be on with it. If there is...
You might actually be on to something here, but I doubt the stats you are talking about would be very useful. I think this is really going to have more to do with the physiology and composition of the hands involved rather than physical fitness. Looking at the results from the Anand piece though, I would guess that you are going to get proportionate results regardless of the makeup of any specific hand. Some NBA star is generally going to create more attenuation than...
The first part of your post does kind of suck, but it seems as if they are at least being straightforward with you. I have to say though, the second part of your post makes the most sense to me. This is personally what my reaction would be if I had a problematic iPhone 4. My wife has one and as this is her first iPhone she is still adjusting to it. I put a bumper on it before I ever even left the store, so I honestly don't can about the antenna short issue. I am...
Actually, no they don't. There are two separate problems that are actually being lumped together as one. The first problem you list the argument for is simple signal attenuation due to covering the area of the phone that houses the antenna. This is the problem that would exist with any phone to some degree. Radio signals don't travel very well through water unless at very low frequency. The human body being composed primarily of water well do a great job attenuating a...
OK genius... If you return the iPhone 4 for a refund, what exactly is your justification for participating in the class action case?