or Connect

Posts by svnipp

I guess my question is, how much have these various agencies and departments GROWN over the past 4, 8, or 10 years?  Everything needs to be evaluated in light of avoiding a future in which we go the way of Greece.  Liberals scream and throw fits over cuts to projected growth rates.  I hope that the cuts Romney is talking about are actual cuts and not just cuts to projected growth rates.  Personally, with all of the pork and bloat in the Federal government, I just don't...
  I think this is one of the major issues here.  There is no "clear proof" that we can look to and make this decision.  If there were "clear proof" I would definitely agree that we should be doing everything in our power to correct the problem.  Honestly though, I would be interested in technological research to somehow reduce the current atmospheric levels of CO2 rather than just limiting our output.  Limiting our output seems like the insanity of baseline budgeting...
  You have asked a number of questions here and provide nothing in the way of answers.  I suppose you are assuming that the answers to all of these questions are self-evident, but they are not.  Seeing as how we are talking about a guy who successfully ran a major company for many years and was the governor of one of the states impacted by the disaster, I'm going to guess that he has a bit of a clue about the organization necessary for this kind of relief effort.  I'm...
  I'm sure if Romney donated $10 million to the relief efforts that you would be calling it a scandal that Romney either a) didn't donate MORE of his massive wealth, or b) "what a blatantly political ploy", and he should be investigated as this could be construed as a method of buying votes.  This is really a no win situation for Mitt Romney.  No matter what he may say publicly the left is going to deride him for making political hay out of a tragedy.  Staying quiet about...
  Seeing as how this was posted by the Berg, I'm actually surprised the connection isn't less tenuous.  I figured this was going to be a situation where somebody who once worked for a company that Bain rescued a couple of years ago, well after Romney left, had a sister who's husband was a temporary bookkeeper for the janitorial company that cleaned bathrooms in the marketing offices for the pharmaceutical company.  This would obviously be a direct connection placing blame...
  Funny how more of the greedy people seem to be on the left, as well as the gays for obvious reasons.   Personally, I don't think that Jesus would excoriate homosexuals, but I also don't believe that he would be supportive of gay marriage.  As for the greedy, I'm sure that he would have choice words for those individuals.  However, who are you classifying as "greedy"?  Might I guess Mitt Romney?  I don't imagine that Jesus would have any problems regarding Mitt Romney's...
  One concern I have is the activities of certain devloping nations with regards to emissions.  Do we really think that China and India and some other rapidly industrializing countries are going to conform and honestly report emissions?  I mean, even if the US were to completely eliminate all carbon emissions, isn't the likelyhood that this is going to do little good since China has such a massive and growing industrial footprint?  It just seems futile for us to wreck our...
  I completely agree with both the pros and cons surrounding nuclear power.  Both in terms of benefits to the environment and also a short term economic boost, which we could sorely use right now.  The construction industry could certainly use any boost it can get these days and hundreds of billions of dollars of economic activity certainly couldn't hurt the economy at large.  Obviously that would be the result of dozens of new nuclear power plants.   I don't disagree on...
  I wonder what is said in the next 5 seconds?  Could it be something along the lines of, "I'll take advantage of the opportunity to further solidify the support against Iran in the UN in order to finally help the Iranian people get a leadership that is actually worthy of them thru supporting real democratic elections rather than the farce that put Ahmedinejad in control."  Maybe taking advantage of the opportunity was referring to finally convincing China and Russia to...
  Individual states should be the one running the show in disaster relief efforts.  There is a role for the federal government in helping to provide resources, but the states are much more capable to handle this kind of emergency response than is the federal government.  Of course, your impression about what you can see in someone's eyes and hear in their voice is entirely subjective, but nice try to yet again paint Romney as some kind of demon.