or Connect

Posts by svnipp

I seriously doubt that this will become an issue, at least in the foreseeable future. There are a couple of reasons for this. First of all, I think most consumers actually understand the difference between the phone and the service provider. Apple has very consistently delivered a stellar iPhone product both in terms of functionality and quality/reliability. Apple has a fantastic reputation in the consumer market, and for Verizon or anyone else to attack the iPhone...
I'm afraid you're in for a long wait on that one. I won't be surprised when Apple releases an iPhone on Verizon or Sprint or T-Mobile, but agnostic to ALL carriers... You are going to be waiting YEARS for that one. Someone else also made the point about supply. Right now it takes Apple months to catch up to demand when they release a new model. You know how much worse that will be when they add on a second carrier? I would think that even when Apple does add on a...
I agree with you on the rest of your post, but I'm curious about this item in particular. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does SFBA mean San Fransisco Bay Area? I had always heard that SFBA was one of the big problem areas for ATT coverage? Just find it curious that you have had such good service in what I thought was one of the troublesome markets for ATT. I totally agree that it will be funny once Apple does release a Verizon iPhone and the flood of new customers there...
Hmm... Preorders of the iPhone 4 sold out in less than a day. They were selling 10x faster than the 3GS. This really, REALLY doesn't sound like handicapped sales to me. That said, I have a lady who sits right behind me at work who is exactly the kind of person you are referring to in that she really wants an iPhone but absolutely will not switch to ATT. I see both sides of this particular issue, but way too many people seem to be trying to give the impression that the...
I live over in Fort Worth, and I'd say I get maybe one or two dropped calls a week on average. Obviously that's not very good, but they are normally calls to my wife while she is out in the sticks. I think at the absolute worst I've had maybe 3 dropped calls in a day. Now, I do more regularly get data connectivity issues and that is very annoying. I'm really hoping that the iPhone 4 with it's new antenna scheme helps with this.
I wonder if Best Buy only has preorder units? My wife's Samsung Impression started flaking out on her this week and I convinced her tonight to get a new iPhone 4. So now I'm wondering where I can find one for purchase on Thursday? Looking at the ATT website, it appears that her account is eligible for the full upgrade discount. I assume that Best Buy and WalMart can validate the discount, right? I think she can limp by with her phone until next week, but...
I've had numerous apps over the past couple weeks that HAVE already been updated to support iOS 4. Of course there are going to be tons of apps updated right around the launch date, but this is more a matter of project prioritization on the part of the devs rather than Apple. Heck, Apple could have made the new SDK available 6 months ago so devs had a huge window to perform the update in, but let's face it this wouldn't help any at all. First of all, many devs would...
I'm not trying to just pile on here, but really??? I updated my 3GS last night, and you know how many of my apps that were not updated to support iOS 4 stopped working? ZERO!!! Somehow I'm pretty sure that 6 months from now many of these same apps still won't be updated, and yet they will still be available on the app store. The new iOS offers new features but does not mean that the devs have to suddenly bust their hump to update all of their apps. However, if they...
I'll take a stab at this... Here is what I would expect on the iPhone 5. Dual core Apple processor More RAM (possibly) Better battery life (Apple is always shooting for this one.) Further improvements to the camera 5.8GHz on the wireless N (only a maybe on this one) 64 GB model possibly Now for the wish list... All of the above can be assumed for the wish list too. Built-in mini SD card slot (micro?) USB 3.0 interface (much faster transfers/syncs) Wireless syncing And can...
I have an early 2008 MacPro that has the default 320GB hard drive. I'm considering upgrading to a new 1TB drive. Any suggestions as to performance? I'm by no means in desperate need of the upgrade, but if there are some newer drives on the market that might give significantly better performance I can justify it. Thanks in advance for any feedback on this.