or Connect

Posts by svnipp

All the way!!!   I'm just curious if you have to put much effort into being such an ass or is it a natural talent?
  A noble goal indeed, but unlikely at least in the near term.  The resources for what you describe are still a limiting factor, especially in certain areas of the world.  Yes, the world can, and has, make great strides in that general direction but I think you are seriously overestimating the availability of resources.  Even assuming that the resources for such a Herculean effort (again not that it isn't a noble goal) exist, the infrastructure for production and...
  Does the religious feelings of the individual somehow reduce the value of their opinion?  Are you saying that the argument for being opposed to abortion should be given more weight if it comes from someone who says that they are against it just because they FEEL it's not right as opposed to someone of faith who opposes it at least partially because of the teachings in the bible?   Here's a challenge for you...  Find a person who is the product of rape who seriously and...
  I don't entirely disagree with your statements, though I don't agree with them either.   The problem is that marriage is a integral part of our society today.  Government (local, state or federal) bases numerous things up the legal relationship established via marriage.  I'm not sure how to effectively extricate the government from marriage at this point in the game.  It would be kind of like taking yardage markers out of football.  Good luck with that one.   I do...
  I don't agree with this.  The pro-life stance is based upon the idea of protecting those who cannot protect themselves.  The issue is the fact that pro-life position is that life begins at conception.  This is the entirety of the argument in a nutshell.  It's not so much a matter of wanting government to "interfere" with other individual's lives as it is to protect individuals lives.  Those individuals in this case are the unborn, and to someone who is pro-life it...
  I never said that the failures related to Lybia were impeachable.  Bad judgement is not a crime, but unfortunately in this case it did cost 4 Americans their lives.  Now, intentionally misleading the American people, that is a different matter altogether.  IF there were to be an impeachable offense related to Lybia, it would have to do with the apparent cover-up of what happened in Lybia and what/when the White House and State Dept knew about it.  As of this point, I...
  There is a significant difference there.  The "actionable intelligence" pertaining to 9/11/2001 was very general and vague at best.  The intelligence indicated that bin Laden wanted to strike within the US, and that there were sleeper cells within the US.  There may have been a bit more, and some specifics, but nothing to indicate a specific target, date, or method, at least nothing that I recall.  The difference is that 9/11 is now a date that should be known every...
  This reminds me of something I learned as a child...  Having gotten in trouble for various things growing up, as we all do, and now being on the other end of this as a parent, sometimes it's not the fact that you screwed up but the fact that you lied about it.  I've caught my son in this only a couple of times and I think I have adequately impressed upon him that no matter how bad he messes up, lying about it is going to be much worse than simply stepping up and taking...
  Obviously Hands, and the Left at large, will defend Obama regardless of the situation.  They could have a video of him drop kicking a 6 month old baby into a basketball hoop and the Left would simply say, "Wow what incredible athletic ability".  I'm beginning to wonder if there is absolutely ANYTHING at all that Obama could do to draw serious criticism from the Left.   Apparently those on the Right can't criticize the President in any way, shape, or form without it...
  You have got to be kidding, right?!?!?  If the shoe were on the other foot the left would be screaming for impeachment.  This would have been the leading story for the past month on MSNBC, CNN, and several other channels.  This isn't some minor or trivial issue which I could concede your point if we were still talking about Solyndra or something similar.  This is the death of Americans and what is blatantly obvious at this point as utter failure on the part of the...