or Connect

Posts by palomine

For the iPad? I don't know. I was perfectly happy with the iPad 1, but when retina screens came out bought a 3. Both still work great despite me using them nearly half the day long for years. They just don't break, IMHO.When a touch ID version comes out with the smaller bezels I'll probably get one and then we can have an upstairs, downstairs and travel iPad ( iPad1 for travel in case it gets lost plus it has a cellular card). After that, I guess we could always get...
I love that Apple has gotten such vindication for its business strategies lately. Does anyone remember that Apple *used* to be cited as THE classroom example of one of the biggest business blunders in history? You know, Harvard Business school used to teach that Apple was so foolish to try to make the hardware when the money was obviously all in making and selling the software like Microsoft did. Lol. Methinks a lot of the analysts still think this crap. Not me, I never...
Ok got to look that up. I, for one, can see immense usefulness in such an idea. You know, like, seeing what's really going on down on the surface level of the planet!
Indeed! Can anyone find the story from over a year ago where the head guy at Samsung went on a long vacation (which he usually does only when about to make major shake ups)...he came back saying something about their phone division being a drain on the company...Excuse me, I'm off to hunt down that story. I know I remember reading it. Was surprised the phones didn't get axed back then. Maybe there was desperate pleading that gave them more time. Now, I would not be at all...
I nominate this for Post of the Year.
'Auntie Mame' is amazing example. Although, I believe they had a super large film frame to work with. In the digital version you can see every pore on the actors' faces and it is a bit much even, as in 'unintended resolution' by the film makers. Lol.
apple does support BluRay, they just chose not to include the reader/burner hardware, as part of their famous method, trading off between price and desirability. They hit the sweet spot for functionality, I believe it is their forté. You can buy a DVD player/burner for fairly cheap.
Insurance companies DO have some of your X-rays and lab records. Yes doctors still use pen and paper to 'push back' against insurers, their comments are your private records. But Diagnoses, tests, images go to insurance oftentimes. At least they used to, which I know from personally disputing a claim. They are in the business of second guessing the doctors. The billing codes are a common language that cuts across the mess of health records from different doctors and...
Interesting. I sometimes wonder, though, why the large insurance companies didn't devise a product like this first. You KNOW they have every single record of yours going back decades, even if you've had to switch providers several times. It's in their financial interest to have the detail so they can find those fine points to dispute and not pay your claim, or rule that the expense was 'beyond customary' etc. All Insurers had to do was make this information available to...
Spam, you can block on mobile. See the user name to the left of their post....twiddle the arrow next to their name and select 'block user' from the drop down list. Easy.