or Connect

Posts by palomine

I don't think they have to try to make Jobs look like a nice guy. He WAS a nice guy, at least at that point in his life when he chose to mentor the Google boys. I think apple has been straight up with their legal cases. Where they can, they ask nicely first. When other companies want to take the shortcut across your back your company must respond with firm deterrence. Apple has come at this in all propriety, no one can fault them for defending patents they have been...
Googleitis it is, man. New word! Much more descriptive ha ha. I can see their eyes rolling around all googly-eyed. Google better watch out with a name like that and being so...googly. Amazon made less money than Rimm? Do you think maybe they figure this is their last shot at survival? Wow it's worse than I thought! I also don't see how they will make this media content 'at practically zero cost'. Showbiz is an expensive business, especially any kind of series development.
That's a great post. Same thing happened to us. Can I use your quote next time I talk to my broker? I have to admit though, they haven't said one word about our AAPL holdings in quite some time. I managed to buy back half our position over time, but we would be a lot better off if we hadn't sold any in the first place. AAPL is a >MSFT for this era, and it hasn't ripened yet! It should be though. It should be at 1K a share at least It's done what it has done in the worst...
I set my search defaults to yahoo. Search seems to be similar. Maps? Use mapquest, or anybody have a good substitute for google maps? I don't want to use anything google anymore, besides, they are building profiles of you constantly which skeeves me out.
Spot on, as always. You have a knack for getting the bigger picture out there. Thank you.
I bet you aren't ALLOWED to live in a ramshackle hut either. Building codes. Unless you camp out in the woods. But then you'd be breaking more laws somehow. It costs a lot more to live in an industrialized country...with building codes. I bet when you figure it all up the working poor here have a similar proportion of 'disposable' income. I am really suspicious of this sudden interest in the 'poor Chinese worker'j. A lot of you want to tell Apple what to do or where to go...
Really! I agree.All these idiots going off on Apple and the poor Chinese like it's Apple's fault because they are RICH!!! Etc etc etc. Wake up and smell the thermonuclear war. Who is behind this sudden interest in Chinese labor? I mean, this story was old two years ago. You wouldnt have anything electronic in your house if not for this factory. Apple uses the minority amount of their capacity. Etc etc etcGOOGLE. Hedge Funds. Up to their usual malarkey. Yet, all they can...
I studied Japanese in college, tho I don't remember so much of it. I DO remember how odd the word order is. Japanese and Korean and one other obscure language have this odd word order wheree relative clauses come before the object, so it seems backwards to us. The verb is at the end of the sentence. I actually think your reading of it is the closest to being correct.
Apple is gonna make a Dick Tracy video wristwatch! Wasn't that once some kind of tech holy grail? I'm with Flaneur. Lots of interesting things up high that I'd like to investigate. Who makes a good tough balloon that won't pop going through tree branches? There are radio controlled toy helicopters... I've been wanting the square Nano just as a wristwatch but we have so many Apple devices...thanks Flaneur, now I am obsessed with getting this if it comes out!!
Really asking? Apple innovates, creates product we never knew we would love so much. Poor people gladly save their shillings for ONE NICE THING that does many things, an Apple device. Apple is a leader. You watch. See them bring jobs home soon. EXXon? Rape and pillage the earth, bribery and influence to prevent competing tech which humanity must have soon...because billions of Chinese and Indians idling their automobiles will leave the air unfit to breathe...soon....