or Connect

Posts by palomine

Nope, about a month ago in one of the Apple TV threads I was speculating nearly the same thing. I was wondering if they could gather the remote codes for each device and consolidate them onto a single apple remote, thus getting rid of the basket 'o remotes. Wouldn't be hard to get the codes to the devices, but getting them on some kind of remote interface would be really interesting. Then, as you say, ATV could be the master component. I hope they go this route. I think...
Oh crap. You are right. All the major cable cos are rolling out new boxes this year and near future. special deals! New upgrades! Up to four boxes that record up to four shows simultaneously! I'm sure google will be right there on the cable box, silently tabulating everything you watch. We have ONE cable provider in our neighborhood, why I do not know. Across the street in the other neighborhoods they have four. I've been thinking about dropping cable altogether, this...
Good luck then, to Amazon and all the rest, losing money on every device, maybe in a few years they can make a better product. Apple put in the effort to get the best overall blend of features and ease of use, I doubt any other company can catch up to that. So much rant about Apple, it seems like their only problem is they are TOO GOOD. Yes, I understand people must prioritize their spending and an iPad is too rich for purchase for many, but after they try the Fire and...
It's the original argument that Microsoft supposedly 'won' in the 90's, that the money is in the SOFTWARE not the hardware...I knew SJ was determined to prove that one wrong. In fact, that was in every business school's curriculum as THE worst business mistake of a generation, Apple's refusal to license its OS to any manufacturer. Well, SJ PROVED THEM WRONG. Apple will continue to prove them wrong, and I'm sure the business case studies books are being changed to reflect...
You can still get her an iPad if that's in your price range. The virtual keyboard is surprisingly good, but if not sufficient you could later buy an iPad case with a keyboard in it for around $60 The apple wireless half size bluetooth keyboard is around that price and will work with any iPad or Mac you might have as well. Best Buy, Walmart have lots of good cases.Apple really put in the time studying the form factor and I think they got it right.
I agree with you!! From the very first I felt it was penned by the wrong writer. I keep telling myself it's just a matter of fact unembellished true story, no hyperbole. But the stories chosen for inclusion, and the general lack of sync with the tech world really shows. I think the author was tone deaf to technology. Has he ever even used a Mac anything? You're right, it come across as a few behind the scenes gossip stories about how eccentric Jobs was. Maybe someone...
It also runs on electricity, can you sue if the lights go off? Seriously the worriers have more worries than I can shake a stick at. The world is overpopulated too. And we're overdue for a solar storm. Stuff happens. I doubt lawsuits will be the main thing anybody thinks of if satellites fail. We are broke, but not so broke we'd let commerce go to hell for want of funds for 3 new satellites. Need bigger perspective. Try to enjoy what life there is for the living, and...
Well, the old lady holding the underpants? Meaning she marched in that skimpy outfit how many blocks with no underwear? Looked like a playboy joke.
Oh so true. Thanks to a link from another poster, I spent an hour on YouTube looking at babies and toddlers using an iPad. Even cats. What I saw just freaked me out. Gonna buy the grandkids a couple more iPads, when the 3 comes out likely. Just watching how quickly even a four month old baby understands and is enthralled by the iPad, is amazing. I saw a baby trying to use touch gestures on a magazine over and over (something I'm doing myself these days!). Kids are...
Ha ha ha! Amazon will report 'earnings', the more Fires they sell the less money they make! They are gonna make it up on BOOK sales? Or housewares or what? Even apple only makes 1% on their ecosystem sales. Right now the P/E for Amazon stock is 105, at a share price of $200. looks like another Netflix. I'm sure it will be shorted, anybody can see this one coming. The Fire doesn't even have a volume control! They may sell a lot of them but the followthrough for amazon...