or Connect

Posts by palomine

There's a technical trader Zimmerman on CNBC claiming Apple is a bubble about to burst. Because his graphs say so. Stock was coming back over 400 until they had him on. He claims the 'religious fervor and bullish sentiment' are the sure signs of a bubble. I don't know whether to laugh or holler. Apple just can't get it's PE number up. I remember when it was in the 50s.
I thought I didn't 'need' an iPad either, we have macs, laptops everywhere. But I carry that darn iPad under my arm everywhere. Don't underestimate the comfort factor. Lot easier to curl up on a couch with an iPad. I think the anal cysts Are reaching for the record per share price pop. It's like a game to them. Anyone want to take bets which rumor sends the price to 400 today so that it can pop to 500 in one fell swoop? Seriously THE MARKET HAS A LID ON APPLE AND WE...
No I don't think Apple should rush headlong into something 'else'. Just a wild daydream based on something Ives said and other factoids. A dream really, a wish that somebody who knows what the hell they are doing would tackle the automobile or energy. Look at the mess Google made with their solar investments, ugh. I sure do know what investor panic looks like. I've seen that movie many times while holding and selling AAPL. I'm just so tired of the panics really. They are...
Agree, likely scenario. They will always keep a bundle stored away. You are right on that. I almost don't care what pension funds can do. I can see they can scarcely make %10 in a good year. I don't understand the dividend situation enough to respond intelligently. But, I do wonder about the stock share price compression talked about here. How come Microsoft split and split, a single share from the 80's would be worth a million. How come not Apple? They've made enough...
What made you respond? Do you think that crazy ideas should be stopped in here? Why do you think I'm not a shareholder? Of course the stock will be slaughtered as soon as they dare do anything that you can't forsee a use for. Sigh. It's sad really. It is more likely that the cash hoard is a deterrent to the telcos, at least until broadband is rolled out. Then, who knows? Somebody needs to make an efficient car, I really don't think it's too far from their core...
Linky:Cramer's Tribute After so many years of bashing the stock down and talking it back up I had no idea what he would say about him at the end. This is a fitting tribute to the man who brought them truckloads of money and ever so much more. It aired the night after he passed away. also Rachel Maddow did a good tribute on her show.
Didn't Steve say he identified strongly with the master chef-rat in Pixar's Ratatouille?
Agree, zuckerberg is the wrong personality. A touch of the sociopathic. Well, then, hows about a nice Buddhist boy? I am starting to wonder if Buddhism may indeed have been a huge contributor to Steve's outlook and genius.. It suits the modern age so much better. If only the Chinese knew it, they would be building Buddha statues instead of Bruce Lee statues. They should stop ravaging Tibet and realize what a cultural treasure chest it is. I hope they wake up in time to...
None of us have stopped to think about the sheer volume of great stuff he produced during the last two years of his life, years that were filled with the kind of pain and torment that would make most of us crumple to the ground. Did anyone else see the tribute Jim Cramer gave him on Mad Money? I was surprised. Never liked him, but I had to say he summed up Steve's impact the best of anything I've heard yet.
Yeah, he's an important historical figure, Berners-Lee, but he's making a salad out of how things really are. He must be remembering the wild days of the birth of the Internet when anything could be uploaded and downloaded to anybody anywhere whatever it was. I think Apple did content creators a big favor by giving them a protected means of distribution, a way to get paid via Internet sales without getting ripped off! After the birth of the Internet there was that long...