or Connect

Posts by palomine

Yeah really. It's almost like the big controlling firms don't give a fig about Amazon, it's in a state of free rise, soon to be in a state of free fall. It's a 'cult' stock so they say. I take that to mean its one the public and run of the mill brokers like a lot, no matter what. The big hedge funds will short them out brutally when it suits them to. A p/e of 100 ! Really. It almost seems like Apple tries to rise and rise but it's the frickin 3rd week of the month when...
Ok, Milmossy is on my blocked list now. Fretful guy. Do you all think that *possibly* during a bad recession/s, when the markets are crazy, that the hedge funds USE a reliable company like AAPL to generate their own earnings every quarter? I do. I think they have a heavy lid on the stock, simply so they can lift it when they need to and clamp it back down for the next cycle. What other company could a hedge fund work like they work Apple? Hmm? They bet on both the up and...
That's your example... Of sibling rivalry? Kid doesn't want what his sister has? Oh I guess apple must be doomed and falling behind
Maybe the key word here is 'server' eh?
Agree. I know a young lady quilter with 365 videos on YouTube who had her content ripped off wholesale. She then asked developer to make the content free as that is her marketing choice. The developer then put up disclaimers that you need to be 18+ due to mature content, then pulled the app. Looks like that dev is still there, only he's ripped off other you tube videos by a few other people. Really really crappy stuff is clogging up the store. Just because somebody has a...
Thank you Steven N. ! Duckduckgo is a GREAT search engine! Thank you so much. I will suggest it widely. So much cleaner, great results. Compared to goggle it rocks! Appreciate your input here in this forum.
Hmmm very interesting post. Just like Apple to go the completely unexpected direction. Maybe later they might get bigger screens, but for now everything you say makes some sense. Yes, Personal TV.I loathe TV yet want TV. I WISH there was some good video content to watch. Just got an Apple TV even though we already have a Mini hooked up, the Apple TV makes it easier to get to the alternative crowd sourced stuff you mention. There are 'channels' and podcasts that are almost...
Well me neither apparently. I just now found out that the status bar is the black line that tells you the time of day and your battery status. Tap that and you get the top of page. Well then its time to open that bookmark in Safari, 'Ipad user guide'. I searched and got this result which is really good.
Have you ever tried to use the net on a big TV? We have a mini hooked up, hoping that would be nice to read the net on a 55" monitor. Alas, no can do. Your eyes will go CRAZY. You can make the type larger simplify the page, it still doesn't matter. NTSC 's 29.95 fps is hard on your eyes when it comes to any amount of text. You will get a headache. Also, a big tv will have you turning your head like you are watching a ping pong match. I tried and tried, lousy idea, beyond...
Coax in the back indeed. We need glass fiber internet the last mile to our door. We need bullet trains to our major cities. We need electric automobile infrastructure. We need carbon fiber cars! Arrrgh was I born in the wrong decade or are we just slow? Shoulda had a lot of these things started in the 80's. This is my lament.How on earth did we send a man to the moon in the 60's ??!!??