or Connect

Posts by palomine

We just tried a demo of Printopia, a $20 app that let's your iPhones iPads print to any printer on your network. It works well, even with my 1st gen iPad. You click on the 'out' arrow in any page or app ( the one that lets you email, bookmark or save etc.). Then the drop down box lists our four printers, our localhost network, Dropbox account, and Send To Mac. The software needs to be installed on your computer then it can see anything on your network. It automagically...
Get a life. Not funny at all. Is this the boys club here?
[QUOTE=Gustav;1987578]No, the numbers of those needing a Mac Pro are INCREASING not decreasing! The whole point of Apple itself is to unleash the creative genius of the next generation by giving it the better tools it needs to get started. So many new applications for video in marketing, education, information, medicine, etc etc. The future is super HD rez content everywhere. There's more content that will need to be made than there will ever be people to do it all. Maybe...
Bingo. I can see it.
Good points. I think there will be some families with ONE spare $200 who will spend it on the Fire in a blind cheap hope that it will 'do' for their household. Like someone else pointed out, their PC is, ah, slow. They aren't using it much anyway. They hope they can surf the net a little bit on the new thing. What I'm afraid of is they will hate it so much for it's limitations that they may not even look much further at the iPad. I hope they dont come to view it as an...
Yes, the Touch was a tryout device. It still is. Young kids want to get the Touch because costs much less and they want to have a piece of the apple magic touch environment. Their parents probably won't spring for the iPad, that's what grandparents are for!
Much bemused by the delayed reaction to Steve's death. So, the reality is sinking in now , huh? Aw, just give the 'new' guy a chance. He's only been running things since 2006 or so. People aren't going to stop buying Apple products anytime soon. There's a long line of exciting products finalizing development. Cook can execute. Apple is a sticky ecosystem. . Seriously are you guys trying to talk Apple into a funk? find something else to do. It's a big amazing world out...
Your post is the most interesting one I've seen on all of AI. I think you may be jumping ahead 10 years and I love it! I posted on another thread that AppleTV box etc. could easily auto detect the device IDs, and integrate them on whatever to be something like a personally programmed remote. But all the while I was thinking about this idea I have that in the future, out of the million folks running around with HD good enough cameras, some of them will start to get good....
Millmoss, maybe holding this stock is more than you can handle. Your worrying is sometimes grating. Just sell already.
I guess the difference is that Xerox didn't know how brilliant the PARC group was until 20 years had gone by. In other words, these were inventions that were openly laughed at by their own board chairman. Microsoft helped themselves to some of it too. It was literally there for the taking. Patents unenforced are worthless after a while. Xerox can't come out now and sue the whole mouse making world. I am generally opposed to old people running high tech anything unless...