or Connect

Posts by palomine

Somebody tell me how South Korea manages to have online gaming as the MAIN leisure time activity for the majority of households? Wish Apple would buy up Level3's glass pipes. It's a cryin shame this country is so throttled backwards by greed and ineptitude. If it went for Apple we would have little electronics innovation, that us USABLE.
Hmmm...apple is big into Design. Designers of interiors view the TV set as a big black eye to be covered or moved to a corner somehow. They don't like them. Many ladies are into what interior decorators say. Many men, however, view TV as the focal point of the living room and the bigger the better to show off. Who will win and how will Apple interpret the war of the sexes? Ha, I d rather they came out with THE box that sits ahead of your cable box and integrates everything...
If Apple lags behind on anything you can bet it's for a good reason. 4G phone service is hardly ubiquitous. It drains your battery. If another phone touts their 'faster processor' i would bet it's because their GPU is slower. I trust Apple as a brand. I would rather buy what they come up with as the sweet spot and get something that has an overall great performance at a reasonable if a little expensive price. Apple makes a profit and keeps on producing great stuff.
Blah blah blah blah. We all are looking for a target to shoot at for messing up Apple's performance. I've finally come to realize that it is Apple's very strength as a company that makes it possible for options traders to control it so much. Here's an article I read on Seeking Alpha that begins to explain what's going on with Apple. As best I can kluge my way through it, the hedge funds control it about 80% of the time, except when there is big news/earnings, then the open...
Aw, now don't start that crap. Apple has done so well as 'the computer for the rest of us' (and the phone too) precisely BECAUSE they are simple and straightforward to use. Please don't reinforce the idea that only smart snobby people can appreciate and use them. What I like best about Apple is they design the most elegant interface, but elegant in the sense that thes no need to make it complicated. As a lifetime office worker forced to use Windows I sure did appreciate...
Why the heck can't apple imbed an 'always on' receiver into all of their priceless prototypes, so they can track them no matter what happens to them? Find it hard to believe they don't actually do that.
Nope, about a month ago in one of the Apple TV threads I was speculating nearly the same thing. I was wondering if they could gather the remote codes for each device and consolidate them onto a single apple remote, thus getting rid of the basket 'o remotes. Wouldn't be hard to get the codes to the devices, but getting them on some kind of remote interface would be really interesting. Then, as you say, ATV could be the master component. I hope they go this route. I think...
Oh crap. You are right. All the major cable cos are rolling out new boxes this year and near future. special deals! New upgrades! Up to four boxes that record up to four shows simultaneously! I'm sure google will be right there on the cable box, silently tabulating everything you watch. We have ONE cable provider in our neighborhood, why I do not know. Across the street in the other neighborhoods they have four. I've been thinking about dropping cable altogether, this...
Good luck then, to Amazon and all the rest, losing money on every device, maybe in a few years they can make a better product. Apple put in the effort to get the best overall blend of features and ease of use, I doubt any other company can catch up to that. So much rant about Apple, it seems like their only problem is they are TOO GOOD. Yes, I understand people must prioritize their spending and an iPad is too rich for purchase for many, but after they try the Fire and...
It's the original argument that Microsoft supposedly 'won' in the 90's, that the money is in the SOFTWARE not the hardware...I knew SJ was determined to prove that one wrong. In fact, that was in every business school's curriculum as THE worst business mistake of a generation, Apple's refusal to license its OS to any manufacturer. Well, SJ PROVED THEM WRONG. Apple will continue to prove them wrong, and I'm sure the business case studies books are being changed to reflect...