or Connect

Posts by palomine

Also there is Pixar, which Jobs founded and still turning out great movies. I guess he left a good organization there too. That's the legacy of the man. It will take the rest of the corporate world years to comprehend how he did things. You know he wasn't micro managing every animation scene over at Pixar too... No, he insisted on a certain organizational teamwork that obviously works very well. Good luck copying that. Sincerely, I wish companies would copy that. There...
Wow, the hoo-haa surrounding Apple is tremendous! If you follow Apple's doings closely, you will see time and again that they will hold off implementing a whiz bang feature because they haven't POLISHED it yet. That's what the spec war people are slow to catch on to. If they could get over the, the, is it jealousy? If they were to get the Apple product next time, they might see that indeed it's not got the super duper spec, YET, but the device as a whole works in a well...
Ummm, Apple apparently doesn't need anything to spur innovation. Heck, they don't even use focus groups or ask their customers what they want! Maybe to Apple, that makes as much sense as a Pixar story editor asking people what they want the story to do. Nope, they write that stuff, all outta their own brains. So your thesis that competition fuels innovation misses the mark , at least in Apples case. The patent crap is out of hand, but don't blame Apple for that. This...
Well, bitching about Apple here isn't going to do a bit of good either, Mr. Troll.
Right-o. Mr. Cook will certainly be able to rectify this. He was only maximizing supply in the first place, but time to spread out. To those of you who say 'So what if apple sells 10% fewer, it's still in the billions...', Well, screw you but that's a lot to take out of anybody's bottom line. As a shareholder I expect apple to take action on these blatant violations. Apple has had their iPad concept on the drawing boards for a decade!! They ingeniously decided to...
Maybe persons using the kindle will become accustomed to the form factor for this device which they wouldn't normally buy, but this price point allows them the 'luxury'. Maybe next saturday at the mall they take a closer look at the iPad and realize they've got to have one for all the other things on it. Not the least of which are the apps. I've grown so accustomed to the iPad in couch potato mode that I've all but quit all the other macs we have. I wouldn't want one that...
From Atlanta! The bible belt of compassionate conservatives! So helpful aren'tcha.
Srsly, take a pill. Like a tranquilizer. So ready to defend hearth and home, you're just wishing for a reason to grab a gun and be a real man. Be careful what you wish for.
Who knows what Apple might do with it's cash. I can sure daydream. Maybe they will do something huge, like buy a car manufacturer and redesign bunch of carbon fiber interchangeable bodies to go on top of an all electric drive train. Buy one drive chain and pop on this years new carbon fiber sportscar body. Or mini truck. Collect them all and hang em on your garage wall The hardest part of this possibility would be the drive chain. There are others all ready with the...
There's a slight problem with the America as Service Economy thesis. Not everyone is an entrepreneur! People do need sustainable work, that does not require them to be multitalented geniuses. Also, a country is more secure strategically when there is some manufacturing base that is local. Do we really expect that Joe Average is going to wake up one day and dream up a product and have it assembled in India/Brazil and marketed worldwide? True, a lot of that will and must...