or Connect

Posts by palomine

I agree with you!! From the very first I felt it was penned by the wrong writer. I keep telling myself it's just a matter of fact unembellished true story, no hyperbole. But the stories chosen for inclusion, and the general lack of sync with the tech world really shows. I think the author was tone deaf to technology. Has he ever even used a Mac anything? You're right, it come across as a few behind the scenes gossip stories about how eccentric Jobs was. Maybe someone...
It also runs on electricity, can you sue if the lights go off? Seriously the worriers have more worries than I can shake a stick at. The world is overpopulated too. And we're overdue for a solar storm. Stuff happens. I doubt lawsuits will be the main thing anybody thinks of if satellites fail. We are broke, but not so broke we'd let commerce go to hell for want of funds for 3 new satellites. Need bigger perspective. Try to enjoy what life there is for the living, and...
Well, the old lady holding the underpants? Meaning she marched in that skimpy outfit how many blocks with no underwear? Looked like a playboy joke.
Oh so true. Thanks to a link from another poster, I spent an hour on YouTube looking at babies and toddlers using an iPad. Even cats. What I saw just freaked me out. Gonna buy the grandkids a couple more iPads, when the 3 comes out likely. Just watching how quickly even a four month old baby understands and is enthralled by the iPad, is amazing. I saw a baby trying to use touch gestures on a magazine over and over (something I'm doing myself these days!). Kids are...
Ha ha ha! Amazon will report 'earnings', the more Fires they sell the less money they make! They are gonna make it up on BOOK sales? Or housewares or what? Even apple only makes 1% on their ecosystem sales. Right now the P/E for Amazon stock is 105, at a share price of $200. looks like another Netflix. I'm sure it will be shorted, anybody can see this one coming. The Fire doesn't even have a volume control! They may sell a lot of them but the followthrough for amazon...
We just tried a demo of Printopia, a $20 app that let's your iPhones iPads print to any printer on your network. It works well, even with my 1st gen iPad. You click on the 'out' arrow in any page or app ( the one that lets you email, bookmark or save etc.). Then the drop down box lists our four printers, our localhost network, Dropbox account, and Send To Mac. The software needs to be installed on your computer then it can see anything on your network. It automagically...
Get a life. Not funny at all. Is this the boys club here?
[QUOTE=Gustav;1987578]No, the numbers of those needing a Mac Pro are INCREASING not decreasing! The whole point of Apple itself is to unleash the creative genius of the next generation by giving it the better tools it needs to get started. So many new applications for video in marketing, education, information, medicine, etc etc. The future is super HD rez content everywhere. There's more content that will need to be made than there will ever be people to do it all. Maybe...
Bingo. I can see it.
Good points. I think there will be some families with ONE spare $200 who will spend it on the Fire in a blind cheap hope that it will 'do' for their household. Like someone else pointed out, their PC is, ah, slow. They aren't using it much anyway. They hope they can surf the net a little bit on the new thing. What I'm afraid of is they will hate it so much for it's limitations that they may not even look much further at the iPad. I hope they dont come to view it as an...