or Connect

Posts by palomine

@sog35 AAPL is discounted by the street because they are 'just a hardware maker' ?? So how come all those other companies that are only a '_' have a PE of 20 or 50 or more? Don't get me started on Amazon. When will Wall Street be rational? (Never, I know) So then, 15% growth = 15 PE. Maybe. Maybe jealousy is a factor. Since apple is the company to beat and all. There seems to be a relentless corporate espionage level campaign to take apple down and is succeeding...
@Sog35 At what point would you say tat AAPLhas undergone a complete technical breakdown and can subsequently be viewed like other stocks in its sector? Or, is it such a high flyer like XOM and must be held to 9-13 PE forever ( unless it sells an order of magnitude more than usual?) Just wondering, like my life depends on it
It's too bad you don't understand the profound benefits of an ipad to an autistic person. Dr. Sanjay Gupta did a fascinating story about this. Prior to the iPad there were kids that the teachers could not get Through to. With iPads the kids were typing questions they have been wondering for years. iTunes U allows anyone to sit in on many high level classes. Believe it or not, there re underprivileged kids with the smarts to tap into that and benefit immensely. Sorry...
I sometimes ponder the effect of Itunes U on other countries. I imagine some half killed kid getting a peek at something he is intensely interested in and thereby becoming his full potential in the world, maybe an important genius. iPads are so good they have also revealed that many autistic kids have quite a bit of intelligence, they just needed the right tool.
Truly truly I say unto you, it is pure jealousy that causes some to hate anything Apple. Plain old jealousy. What could be a good ad campaign to counter this type of negativity?Oh, and of course, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...
Well, hell, maybe Apple will make gobtons of money this year, but because its so 'unpopular' it will get downgraded again. Maybe soon it will have a YOY sales increase of 50% and have its PE value dragged to -50. Then the stock pages can show a dash for the PE value, like they do for Amazon with its PE of 3,500 and it is utterly meaningless. In other words, Apple profits have reached a level of meaninglessness.
Hahah haha ha that's funny! And probably true...
Same here, no more Samscum products. Does anybody know, is Vizio a subsidiary of Samsung? Is LG owned in any portion by them? Looking for other subsidiaries to avoid. Voting with my wallet.
Hmm. That could be an interesting idea, you mean like FMLS system for real estate listings ? They have very strict requirements on what can be filled out so that their listings are searchable. If you put a name in the wrong field, such as the number of bedrooms in the square footage field they can issue some kind of fine I think. Different from state MLS services which are a database salad. I'd like to see an FMLS-type standards idea explored...