or Connect

Posts by palomine

Well, hell, maybe Apple will make gobtons of money this year, but because its so 'unpopular' it will get downgraded again. Maybe soon it will have a YOY sales increase of 50% and have its PE value dragged to -50. Then the stock pages can show a dash for the PE value, like they do for Amazon with its PE of 3,500 and it is utterly meaningless. In other words, Apple profits have reached a level of meaninglessness.
Hahah haha ha that's funny! And probably true...
Same here, no more Samscum products. Does anybody know, is Vizio a subsidiary of Samsung? Is LG owned in any portion by them? Looking for other subsidiaries to avoid. Voting with my wallet.
Hmm. That could be an interesting idea, you mean like FMLS system for real estate listings ? They have very strict requirements on what can be filled out so that their listings are searchable. If you put a name in the wrong field, such as the number of bedrooms in the square footage field they can issue some kind of fine I think. Different from state MLS services which are a database salad. I'd like to see an FMLS-type standards idea explored...
Poor Constable Odo, I get that you are worried about your stock. I'd block your name, but I see your name in just about every comment section for every finance site with an article on AAPL. Such unrelenting gloom. Do you even follow what Apple is really about? Please consider the history here, APPL is known for falling 40 even 50 percent practically yearly since 2002. This is a rough stock for an old guy to hold and sleep at night. Either you accept the rocky ride or sell...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bennettvista "Hope you're right. Best work is always done when there is a struggle and a deadline." I sure disagree with that. Maybe in olden days pressure tactics got more labor done, but in a highly technical and creative field I think most companies find extra perks and prizes are better at motivating, oh, say, a software programmer. Ya, right, like you can write code with a sword over your head! Not no more you can't! The human brain...
They use the label 'Designed by Apple in California' because that has a lot more cachet than the generic 'USA'. It conjures up more specific imagery, movie stars, fancy cars, surfboards, wealth, casual elegance, and, the real Apple in particular, known for its cutting edge design.
Even the AI live coverage has a giant gap in it. My ATV started having buffer problems and then dropped completely during Craig Federighi's presentation. Is somebody fucking with their feed deliberately or is there a huge demand ??
http://washingtonexaminer.com/tim-carney-apple-becomes-latest-target-of-the-beltway-shakedown/article/2530298