or Connect

Posts by palomine

I'll go on record to state that i think that the Internet IS a natural right. Not having Internet connectivity in this day and age is worse than not having a phone number. If we had a supreme court that gave a shit they would take it up and say so. The Internet has become part of our private effects and our household. Just like you can't cyberstalk or bully, neither should you be allowed to commercially harrass in an intrusive way via the net.
Same here, we pay per SMS message. I looked up 'spam text' under my phone provider. They say to check the texts for 'opt out' links and use them. If that doesn't work, you can 'reply' on the iPhone by hitting the 'edit' button, which allows you to select the message and Forward it...to a special number where it will be purged from your line. For AT&T in our area the number is 7726. They send you back a message that texter is now blocked and you won't be charged. If it is...
If only that would work. The Do Not Call list is a joke and is widely disregarded. Even if you sign up for an unlisted number...I just got interrupted typing this by a lawn care service trolling for business on our unlisted private brand new number. There will always be places on the Internet where you can look up new phone numbers, hell, those get called MORE. The DNC list is a crock as cable phone service is EXEMPT from that law...nice loophole. Also, there are always...
Not the same. By age 80, >50% of us have some level of dementia. Look up alzheimers. The sad thing here is the world moves by so fast, that there is no caretaker for this lady. She, like so many many others is out there trying to do whatever she thinks she needs to do, however addled it may be. Where's her relatives? Busy with their own lives. She probably drives daily, a truly horrendous thought. I hope when I'm 80 there is pod transportation so that I need not drive....
I stopped reading that rag ages ago. In a field of products with similar qualities they recommend some seemingly arbitrary item with four stars. Except it's not arbitrary at all. They are wined and dined and whichever company wines the most gets the 'tops in category' rating. Apple doesn't do that silly stuff. They make their products, the people let them know if it's great or not. So, i guess they have another 'enemy' because they wont play the usual games, including...
Dumbest question of the day, does the new iPad have Siri on it?
The only way to improve content would be to have new content written. That would mean hiring WRITERS for heavens sakes. The studio execs, all of them, are allergic to artistic talent. They are low rise obstacles.Whether Apple does anything or nothing-- there will ultimately come a day when we have freelance blogger journalists, and lots of kids writing and filming all kinds of content that WILL find its way out. The cream will rise to the top. That day just cannot get here...
I hope you will report this to Apple so they can fix it. Most animation software has the concept of a numbered 'instance' of an object which are just references to the original object/image, instead of multiple copies of the actual image repeated over and over. To save space in the file.
Good response. I still think there will be a storage problem at some point fairly soon after digital textbooks gets going. Perhaps anobit will play a role. Maybe we'll get to add storage to the device someday and it will be able to manage the different cards along with the web where available. I often wonder what rural areas will be able to do. Wonder when the glass pipes are ready for delivery from sea to shining sea?
Beautiful. Thanks for making me laugh today.