or Connect

Posts by palomine

Along with this theory I would add the bit about Goldman Sux selling those instruments levered to the stock price, that individuals lost so much money on. Hmmm.. I seem to remember Cramer months back saying how he didn't like the company he was keeping while invested in AAPL, too much like investing with the Penny Stock guys....could he have been referring to the Goldman Sachs sucker play? Then a few weeks after that Cramer said something about 'the stock [AAPL] needs ...
Apple has a duty to its shareholders to run the company well etc. etc. The whole Greenlight proposal, indeed much of Wall street's ideas I would describe as extortion. These are like, their demands. You kidding me?
Okay, I've been using it, but several times now I noticed the search bar said something like http://secure.google.com, war does that mean? Do they use google as their engine?I just tried it again and I isn't doing that at all. ??Anybody know why there might be a lot of military brass all over gOogle hqtrs? Heard it third hand...
Really interesting viewpoint, thanks
Great post!
Maybe dated to you, but a la 'a computer for the rest of us' ... many people are just getting into the ecosystem. They LIKE the familiarity.Me, I'd just as soon redesign an interface repeatedly, but I learned firsthand how upsetting that is to most users. One of the first rules of designing interfaces is don't go changing everything around!
I just want to say that I think Tim Cook is doing a great job. He has been doing a great job for a heckuva long time, all the while never asking for nor receiving any recognition under the long shadow of Jobs. Yes, Steve was great at shoving a recalcitrant partner into line, or anyone really, but it takes more than being loud and pushy to make a success the size that is Apple's. Tim has been doing the heavy lifting FOR YEARS now. Apple reached this level of success...
I actually get it that there are many people who only want 1 device, and for them a slightly oversized phone is the best of all worlds. I could see Apple making one just to round out their line...
Agree with Flaneur's big -picture predictions. However, timing is everything and I wonder WHEN we will get more of Apple's coolest stuff. It will get here when it gets here. I really can't wait until Hollywood is just one tiny subset of a giant content producing universe of talent throughout the world. The glass pipes are on the way regardless.
You and me both!!! Sick of them holding the reins on this stock. I had hoped with better relations with Wall street (aka Dividends) that some of this excessive trading would go away. It's interesting how many Hedge Funds have recently taken themselves private after hearing of the SEC's proposed rules. Some have simply paid back most of their investors and become 'private family firms' whatever that means. Sounds like an episode of American Greed on CNBC.If SJ were still...