or Connect

Posts by Virgil-TB2

I know you have two people already agreeing with you on the thread, but this is such a serious misrepresentation of almost every point you cover it's almost funny. You are oversimplifying to the point of idiocy here and characterising things you apparently know little about in terms that make no sense whatsoever. For starters, Windows Mobile is a lot of things but it is not a "superior" OS to anything. Least of all to OS-X on the iPhone. Secondly, the iPhone is not...
And both of them suck. I've bought a few discs with digital copies now and almost all are just stupid marketing ploys that force you to go to the website of the media company that's ripping you off for the disc in the first place. Sure, I *love* to pay 40 or 50 bucks for something that's only worth ten and then be forced to watch advertisements before I watch the movie and then be forced to go to a website to view more advertisements and promotions before I...
Agreed. Stripped of the spin by all parties, this is yet *another* story about a high-profile app store rejection that turns out to be almost entirely the fault of the developer, and who's popularity comes down to the fact that said developers are publishing one-sided grievances, *before* knowing the facts, and that those grievances are being promulgated around the web by other tech-friendly web sites. Certainly Apple's poor "people skills" are at fault also, but...
There is an absolutely wild patent that Apple has where they use infrared sensors together with the capacitance sensors to detect "hand shapes" as your hands hover over the screen. In this scenario to switch to pen input, you put your hand like you are holding an "air pen" and the computer detects that and switches modes. This would be brilliant of course, but to me it's so "science-fictiony" that I have trouble believing that it will actually work or that the patent...
You have no idea at all do you? All you can think of for uses for a tablet is that if it had "video out" you could use it for PowerPoint? First off, of course it will have video out, the very presence of the iPod dock connector assures that. Secondly, if the thing is connecting to a projector, and you are walking around a room with a USB control, how is that any different from any computer invented since the early 90's? Third, if you are actually expecting the thing to...
You couldn't be more wrong here. The whole point of the device is that it's going to redefine what a "regular computer" is. You are making the same argument here that all the old command line geezers did when computers with GUI's started making headlines. It's also the same argument people made when laptops came out and didn't have "proper" keyboards or mice. There already are and have been for some time tablet computers that use regular "desktop" OS's in both...
What a piggish thing to say. Regardless, if you think what's on "Pirate Bay" represents all the media worth listening to or watching in the world you are sadly mistaken. I only search on Pirate Bay for things that I have already tried to buy but are no longer for sale anywhere. Some tiny fraction of those titles are available, but most are not. Pirate Bay is just the repository of everything that someone between 20 and 35 thought was cool in the last year or so.
The statistics are interesting, but that Business Week story is total BS. Maybe there should be a rule that we don't take any rumour about new products from old "out of the loop" business publications seriously in future? Has Business Week or any similar publication *ever* been right about a new product reveal? Seems to me they are pretty far off on every single prediction they make relative to anyone who's, you know ... in the actual computer business.
This comment is total paranoid nonsense based on no facts at all. Methinks you watch too much Fox or something.
Seriously, if you're gonna comment at all, could you at least read the article and the thread above you before you do?