or Connect

Posts by Virgil-TB2

The bug only works for old-fashioned POP email accounts, not sure what an "SMTP" email account would be, but if you are using IMAP like most of the modern world, this isn't even an issue. Something that the article above would do well to update with.It's been identified as a "spotlight caching issue" on POP email accounts only.
While they are at it, providing a simple "delete now" that actually deletes instead of just transferring it into a "trash" mailbox would be desirable. Saving things in the trash is for sissies that can't make a decision IMO. I empty my trash every single time there is anything in it on the desktop and I'd love to have the option of simply having things delete when I hit the delete key. Especially since Time Machine there is just no reason for a two (or more) stage...
Interesting that this will likely be the last iPod event where the original (classic) iPod is involved. Personally, I'm hoping for an all new iTunes that actually makes some sense, but I'm not holding my breath over it. Apple makes so much money off the store it's unlikely they will do anything to hinder that.
In defense of al_bundy, who seems to be getting it from all sides today, Dell is in fact very much like Apple in all the ways that we generally use to define and pigeon-hole companies. Dell is a lot more like Apple than Apple is like Microsoft for instance and no one balks at those sorts of comparisons. Apple makes software, but they only make minimal, low-level software and they only do it *just* enough to add value to the hardware, which is what they "really" sell in...
This sounds like a "user error" kind of bug to me. It's not totally clear from your description, but if you are syncing from an Exchange server, then you should be already syncing your contacts. If you then also checked off the box in iTunes to sync to your contacts from your local Outlook account, your online Google account, or the same Exchange account, then for sure you will get multiple copies of contacts. The same happens even if you use MobileMe, because Mobileme...
I kind of disagree. I've been involved in a lot of hiring interviews over the years on both sides of the table and all Steve Jobs did (and only in a couple of cases BTW out of hundreds and hundreds of interviews), is humiliate a couple of jerks who shouldn't really have bothered to apply. Anyone who has done a lot of interviews has interviewed at least a couple of these kinds of people and probably wished they could do what Jobs ended up doing. I'm too polite to have...
Even without reading it, it sounds like an obvious "hit-piece" to me, at least as described. There is not only nothing new in any of the allegations or stories, they even use the same memes that better writers had thought up before them ("good steve" and "bad steve"), and used in previous articles. It's also pretty standard "yellow journalism" tactics to include in your article, heavily dramatised descriptions of the subjects, reacting to you doing the article. In...
Wrong. Actually more a return to the standard OS-X kind of styling. The original Leopard with the swishy pink and purple background and space theme was more of a "break" with Apple's typical styling.
I'm not sure this is the real thing or just a hoax, but the camera in these pictures and videos looks to have a bigger lens than the one on my 3G. Maybe the 3Gs is the same as this one, but it's possible that the iPod will get a better camera than the other devices. Also, I would expect the compass to be included in this upgrade given that it would be more trouble to leave it out at this point.
Well, Apple wouldn't of course just toss a prototype away, and they are the least likely of companies to make a mistake like that also. This could easily be real though. All it would take is for one of the trusted holders of a prototype to simply claim they dropped it in a lake or whatever and Apple would have to believe them (at least until it turns up on a video on the net). It should be fairly easy to identify who it was that has this device from the copious amount...