or Connect

Posts by Virgil-TB2

I think you're just dead wrong on this. It's also a logical fallacy to assume that because "technology" has been devoted to overcoming these obstacles in the past that all is lost. "Technology" is a moving target. The technology of 1990 is not the same as what's available today.There are some basic engineering problems that tablets face that have not been overcome, but you're not thinking straight when you imply that everything has been tried and that Apple's purported...
I'm a life-long pacifist and I've never hit anyone in anger, but people like this woman just need to be slapped if you ask me. Starbucks is so lame in this regard because they don't have any actual managers at the store. Usually just some silly 18 year old young thing with the *title* of manager. What's wrong with people today that someone would even think this was an okay thing to do, and that no one would ever call her on it?
Just think of it as a lighter, more portable MacBook Pro. In other words a netbook. I don't think you have an argument calling a netbook or a MacBook or a MacBook Pro a "niche" product. It's a base-line portable computer. A "niche" product would be a product that has severely limited functionality or appeal. This thing seems by design to be aimed at broad functionality and broad appeal.
You should just change your handle to "contrarian."What you want is a combination of the exact opposite of what most consumers want, and the exact products that Apple and most industry followers have determined they will never, ever produce. Good luck with that. Edit: Along with criticising them for something (noisy machines), when almost everyone agrees they makes the quietest machines on the planet in general.
I can't believe you've been posting since 2006 and yet you think this lame-ass crap is humorous? Since this stunt gives you a mental age of twelve *today*, maybe you started posting to the forum at the age of 8 or 9? But then, being such a precocious child doesn't exactly jibe with still being such a lame little kid after all this time. Very confusing.
Indeed, any purported tablet would have to do a lot more than just use full screen for email, to make it a desirable product. It's been clear for a while now that any tablet will have to run either "iPhone OS-X", (or some variant of it), instead of "Mac OS-X." Its also pretty clear that unless this thing can handle document creation it will basically be just a bigger iPod and not worthy of the tablet moniker at all. The key to that is applications. For that reason...
True enough, but that doesn't mean the statement itself is not also true. There are legal definitions that hinge on basic "reasonableness" and they seem to work fine. Personally, I am completely against censorship of any kind at all, and being an older person there isn't much I haven't seen or heard already in this world that could shock me, but ... Some of the things that were referenced in the dictionary in question were (to my reasonable and very open minded brain),...
Not that I like defending teckstud, but he has a point in that it makes no sense to censor as well as put the rating on it. In fact, as Schiller says this is not what they are doing in this case, but in the case of other apps they do seem to be doing this. Some are censored, some are rated, and some are banned outright (at least that's how it seems on the face of it). This makes no sense. Either you: 1) censor everything, or 2) allow people to read and see everything,...
Now the FCC is investigating, you probably won't hear a peep from either side on that issue, nor should you expect to.
I agree that if Apple is going to go down this route then they need to make sure the sensors all work as they should and that they are going to be nice about things and give some leeway on what is covered and what is not. I also think that the kind of improvements to Apple devices that customers would really appreciate, is a sort of "hardening" of the product against these kinds of mishaps. More important, (and more useful to the consumer), than some of the recent...