or Connect

Posts by Virgil-TB2

Unfortunately, this is the detector doing exactly what it should. Leaving an electronic device in a steam filled room does equal "complete submersion." I had a very similar thing happen to me back before mobile phones even existed. I had a Cannon AE-1 SLR camera that I used to take pictures with that had a bayonet mounted lens. I took off the lens for literally about 15 seconds or so on a misty day because I thought I wanted to change it, but then changed my mind. I...
Agreed. I think all this has been engendered simply by some typically mangled wording from Apple Insider. This site is not known for it's English usage and grammatical correctness to say the least. This here:Is an awful, awful sentence that would get you minus ten marks in any English class. If you take out the "bringing minor tweaks" part, then it reads as simply (paraphrased), "The last update before Snow Leopard," which is what I think they meant to say.
I don't think you've thought this out at all. First, iPhone OS *does* multitask. Secondly, your ideas of what's "fully functional" and why it's needed are pretty much a description of the current iPhone tech as well. Things like voice recognition, bluetooth syncing with keyboards, full-browsing etc. are already available on the iPhone even if some (keyboards), have just not been implemented by any vendors yet. The only thing missing from your list on the current...
Yeah, *now* it's in the graph caption.
Interesting use of a completely incomprehensible graph that is not explained in the text of the article. "IB Windows switchers" vs. "New Windows Switchers"??? WTF?
Well it might and it might not. That's why I was equivocal in my statement. I'm just saying that since no one on teh internets can decide what a good name for the thing is, that *perhaps* they are having the same trouble at Apple HQ. In this highly imaginative and amusing scenario, there would be camps that think it more a new "iBook" and others that might want to resurrect the Newton name etc. Certainly there are lots and lots of people that think "iPad" is a good...
With all the arguments over what a possible tablet device might be called lately, perhaps this reflects a similarly heated debate inside Apple. iBook? iPad? iTablet? MacBook? Newton?
I'm sure if they do it at all it will have much better than "Atom performance." ARM handily beats Atom at the same chip frequencies. That doesn't mean it will have full OS-X though or that having it would be a good idea. Most folks still have a computer at home (and maybe one at work also). They generally don't want a second or third one, they want a mobile device that syncs to their main computer at home. Just on a logical level, I don't see why Apple would spend...
I don't know if it will ever happen, but the obvious move for a tablet is to add a new device to the emerging iPhone/iPod "platform" that can easily handle and edit documents. The iPhone is currently positioned as a document *reader* but to actually create and edit documents you still really need a laptop or even a desktop computer. If it's true that desktops and laptops are on the way out and a new mobile platform is coming, then something that takes the place of the...
People keep saying this over and over about Flash games but it's pure BS if you look at the stats. In the first place, Flash games are on the way out in that their audience consists primarily of "stay at home" oldies playing video poker or some BoxerJam junk. They are the 2000's equivalent of the old geezer playing solitaire on his Windows 95 computer in the 1990's. This kind of crap is also being quickly replaced by mobile devices that do the same thing. Secondly, the...