or Connect

Posts by Virgil-TB2

What they really fail to mention (as does this article on it), is that this Amplitude "app" is the simplest thing in the world, and more of a "hello world" app than a Super Monkey Ball app. Even then the directions on different hardware support is complex stuff. This app doesn't do anything cool, doesn't use open GL, doesn't use the accelerometer etc. etc. etc. Try porting anything cool or useful and you'll see how easy it isn't.
But I don't want to click on things to make them load or not load, that was part of my point. I already have all ads blocked with adblocker, it works perfectly and I never see any flash content other than the movies, which as I said are almost exclusively YouTube. I know all this. This was also part of my point. If you are saying that ClickToFlash incorporates this functionality I am asking for, then that's great. I don't know why someone didn't just say that...
I just disable Flash the easy way by disabling Flash. It just seems silly to me that literally the *only* Flash I want to look at are movies, which literally 99 times out of a hundred are YouTube movies, which if I was on the iPhone would be no problem at all. I'm no coder, but it seems like the same snippet of code that does this on the iPhone would also work on regular Safari. I don't see why the regular Safari can't similarly just throw up a tiny Quicktime window...
I'm glad a few people have kept their heads over this story. I've seen it reported on three sites over the last couple of days and very few people even in the comments have got it right. The fact that these incidents are so rare proves that the iPod is actually very well put together and safer than almost any consumer product out there. There are thousands of everyday products with failure rates orders of magnitude greater that even kill people from time to time but no...
I wish they would just make it play flash movies or open them in the quicktime desktop app in h264 like on the iPhone so we could dump flash altogether. It's so lame that I can browse the web without flash on my phone and have no problems at all, but on the desktop computer this can't be done for some stupid reason?
I'm hoping for the same thing (more a mini-computer than a super-duper iPod). Unless this product is just a new iPod that is being confused with the actual tablet, it doesn't make much sense to me. The way this analyst describes it, it just sounds like a bigger iPod. If that's true then it will kind of upstage the new iPods we all ready know about won't it? Why even call it a tablet if all it is, is a media device like the current iPod? Wouldn't that make it "iPod...
Sounds like you are one of the true believers in Apple's supposedly "bad security," so it's probably not worth discussing it with you. However, what you're pointing out above, and what is conveniently being left out of the discussion is that it requires a tojan horse attack to get the firmware on the device. You can hide the code in a program, but the user still has to install and run the program. I've never installed anything from an un-trusted source and most normal...
Never happen, not necessary. Never happen. (If the Air only has one USB port this thing will have either one or (more likely) none. Never happen, not necessary. Absolutely never happen in a million years that this thing would have a "VGA out" port. It *might* have mini-display port, but since the thing itself is supposed to be "the display," I don't think you've thought that through. Way more likely that it will have the iPod connector only, (with a mini-USB...
I'm also in favour of the FCC looking into things like this, but I don't think you know what you're talking about here. This is just completely wrong. You are mixing things up that don't go together. Yes, you own the phone (after the contract period is up), and yes you *can* install anything you want on it. Apple in fact, doesn't stop you from doing so. What you are missing though, is that software that's on the phone, is not *sold* but licensed. There is no "thing"...
WTF are you talking about? The FCC is finally getting off it's ass and actually moving to protect consumers (faster in this case than they ever have before), and you think this is some kind of "business as usual?"This is exactly what "removing the Republican stench" looks like. Taking completely unfair predatory practices by companies like AT&T to task and ignoring the fact that they are trying to pay the politicians to look the other way. What are you living in some...