or Connect

Posts by gprovida

Well SAMSUNG has started this as well copying the stores. The interesting part is that the stores in Europe have design patents that should complicate using "copy me" strategy in one of the most important markets.
SAMSUNG made a gamble to put at risk it's biggest customer, Apple, to pursue smartphone competition with Apple and even after Google warned them to not copy so slavishly chose to do so. They were unable to repeat their success with Sony, Toshiba, and Panasonic and are now being treated to the same strategy by Chinese manufacturers. Their refusal to negotiate non-copy or clone with Apple, as in contrast with HTC, has resulted in a declining business relationship and...
While rumors about the iWatch need to be taken with a huge grain of salt, there is an internal logic in the article regarding the sapphire and AMOLED display. Regarding Sapphire, Apple has progressed in steps from camera to touch to perhaps iWatch and eventually iPhone. And since Apple chose to not include TouchID last year, due to novelty, differentiation, but also supply and manufacturing, that this might apply to iWatch is reasonable. Similarly, Apple has looked into...
It is pretty clear now to even blogger and analysts that the big threat from China will be to Android premium sales companies SAMSUNG, LG, HTC, etc versus Apple. On the high end, SAMSUNG faces Apple iPhone line up and this market is not a commodity. Compounding the problem is Google putting pressure on Samsung to not develop Tizen nor create a differentiated Android phone. SAMSUNG's "Sony" strategy to copy and undercut prices has not been as effective as they hoped and...
Suspect data,quality from Gartner, IDC, et al. Aside, the profit share changes year over year would be more interesting. Grabbing share at the expense of profit is "easy," but eventually the piper must be paid. The PC business is a classic example, where the profit and margin is owned by a Apple with small albeit growing share.
Amazon is experiencing the effect of investments not being profitable. although most of this has been hidden in their reports. I suspect Kindle, Fire TV, etc., are also contributing to the overall limited profitability, although not evident in their reports. Hardware sold at or below cost to achieve other sales e.g., books and movies, are all well and good, but without clear associations supporting these expectations, its all speculation. And with Amazon it is almost...
It is pretty clear from Apple's execution that little has changed. The announced strategy for the last 18 months continues and suddenly market sentiment has changed. The analysts are clearly following the trends on the stock, going up and going down, with the intent to show they have a clue what Apple's business is and how the market will react to it. The real predictive evidence from Apple stock analysts is almost entirely lacking and the stock market "wisdom" is...
As with Android and on some rare (albeit corrected iOS apps) the developers can be as insensitive to privacy as Google. Therefore, what controls and curation does NEST do to ensure developers don't abuse the data gathered? As Apple can testify, providing real is privacy hard and demands serious investment in APIs and oversight of developers.
Well there is another product line I will have to drop due to privacy. I can't imagine anyone buying Google home stuff, given Google's business is not selling this stuff but selling you to advertisers.
My question relates to privacy. If you do anything with Google, then you give up document,nets, pictures, etc., think Gmail, Google , Search, Maps, ...... Remember you are the product they sell not the customer they service.