or Connect

Posts by gprovida

While not a fan of confederate flag in Government context, especially state house, I think the inclusion within historically accurate games is entirely reasonable, just like the swastica or hammer and sickle in other games. The effort to ennoble the confederate states with some kind of local rights advocacy vs national or economic oppression is a gross misrepresentation of the fundamental basis of the civil war, that is, pro-slavery and the wealth it...
The irony is palpable. Unfortunately for Amazon, the EU is much more effective in enforcing the law and they have a lot the loose. Microsoft and now Google have and are learning it's a more serious affair regarding monopoly abuse. Even Apple had a rough time, but eventually was able to proceed on music with DRM. Amazon does not have a track record of giving in to legal demands so this will be a great show to watch. If the courts reverse or severely reduce the Apple...
The value proposition of WWDC is publicity promoting new Apple initiatives and building stronger application developers. The costs and income are incidental. Therefore, the alt-Conf is an important augmentation. However, as with all rights, enforcement is necessary to protect these rights and benign neglect can easily lead to legal protection reduction. This can be simply resolved by an agreement accessing the content between the parties. No diminishing of rights due to...
Like Apple, Google was and is afraid of being dependent on another android (orig to fight windows CE) and Chrome. While Apple might "dump" Google, I think their priority is on customer value. They dropped Google Maps due to poor support to iPhone that is not keeping parity with Android and unreasonable terms regarding customer privacy. Assuming Google is behaving itself on privacy then Apple may continue as default search. However., I think non-browser search aka Siri...
While not my priority, he has the money so let him enjoy it. Lucky pets to have such a devoted owner.
I hope Cook gives some data on watch sales, the speculation is all over map.
I ordered my 38mm Stainess Steel Apple Watch with Milanese Band on 6 May got credit card billed 11 May, shipping notice 12 May, and it should be delivered today. In other worfds, 7 days. Note I also ordered white sport band as well and it is still in process. It seems some models have great availability.
Aside from continuing sync ick the idea that you are going to mix and match like describe is going to be a nightmare of bugs, conflicts, and crashes as apps are updated. Why not a simple menu to boot into MS Sync, Android, or Car Play. All they are doing is confusing consumers and risking very messy stability and performance. Ford is simply not competent to do the triage and maintenance. Heck their current electronic diagnostics are of limited value in repairs. I can...
I have delayed my car choice with Ford Lincoln partly waiting for Apple Car and dumping that awful Sync. If this is where Ford is headed in 2016 then it's time to look at anothe car company. You would think the miserable performance and consumer dislike for sync would drive change sooner, but .....
I would have sworn there was an article justifying Apple's early day stock price drop due to Stockmarket concerns that Apple will not be able to keep up this growth in time. Now that Apple Stock is up in the afternoon, this perspective has disappeared. Yet another example of how speculation, hindsight, etc., create narratives on stock prices that are simple rationalizations for random noise in the system, whether individual or computer based herding behavior. Go for the...