or Connect

Posts by gprovida

Anyone betting he or they are betting on a slide in stock value and hoping this silliness can push the market. But history has shown Apple stock has little to no relevance to Apple performance in sales and profits - so it's a waste of effort.
Since this looks like a scaled up iPhone 5/5S, it might attract vintage phone aficionados, but it seems more than a little copy-kat. Deja Vu Last month's Galaxy. The new score sheet seems to be a list of sensors, not their utility, just a list. I can see the bloggers matrix with sensors silly or not listed across the top phones on the vertical and check boxes for part of phone. Of course, this means nothing unless they really function with good API, use cases, and apps....
Does anyone have a calibration on UBS predictions of iPhone sales in 2012 and 2013???? This should play a big part of judging their claims.
Apparently, the litigants are upset the iOS 8 uses more memory than iOS 7, my casual check says about 500 MB or 1/32 more. Since Apple did not warn them the new iOS would use this amount they felt deceived and cheated. I find this absolutely silly. If you had iOS 7 device you knew it used memory, if you failed to do minimum due diligence on memory use by an upgrade, presumably for new higher value features, then I think you must accept accountability, especially when you...
I think taking at their word, like music, movies, TV, etc., Apple is not in the banking, credit card, etc., business. The Services are there to support customer use of iOS devices. Apple is able to create strongly differentiated value to customers with secure, private, and easy to use Services. Apple's customers are the owners of Apple devices, Apple customers are not the product. As Cook has said follow the money to understand the business model. While Services has cash...
As I recall, a big part of the tanking of Apple Stock were these same institutional investors. Not sure the stock benefits from this class of investor, who run programs that auto dump good stocks. They are NOT long term investors, even Carl Icahnn is a much better investor for Apple.
Big difference, the customer was the user and was focused on the user. CurrentC is focused on the retailer and that is the customer. The retailer customer is NOT the focus. If you want to make a comparison, then ATT, Verizon, et al were the cell phone manufacturer's customers, then Apple made the actual customer the owner of the cell phone and disrupted an entire industry. Now I see parallels in Apple Pay with iPhone, but NOT CurrentC.
This was intended as a reply to excellent post by Blastdoor.
I think this makes sense. While I am not entirely sure the suggested list of investments makes sense, the reality that $150B in cash is hard to imagine productive investments. Certainly buying Apple stock (given low P/E) and paying dividends is good use. At the rates currently spent it will just slow down the growth of cash. I find it amazing that there are so few real investment options for Apple at the scale of its annual profit not counting the existing hoard. This is...
Unfortunately, the ease and low threshold of what constitutes evidence to warrant a threat has dropped to the point that it is effectively meaningless. This suggests that with higher security levels that can be cracked the police et al need enough confidence that the "juice is with the squeeze" versus current process which is frequently seen as a fishing expedition. Another point is that other nations have such low regard for US efforts for privacy that it is unclear if...