or Connect

Posts by gprovida

I remain disappointed with the NYT editorial department who have become seduced by the poorly documented and selective facts in their Pulitzer winning attack on companies who build Apple products. They continue to accept poorly written, weakly documented, and Biased analysis on Apple products, business plans, logic, leadership, etc. This is compounded by an utter lack of critical assessment of past failures in technology prediction and fact checking by the authors...
Just a bit of historical perspective, it would delightful to see more of this in journalist reporting. A simple score card on journalist, analysts, blogger, pundit, etc., performance over time would be sobering and I think improve reporting overall. The simple fact, Apple is utterly unprecedented and generally completely misunderstood as a company and business. BGR, ".... Apple and Samsung combined to pull in 100% of mobile profits in Q1 By Dan Graziano on May 7,...
1. When Apple started App site it basically said it will operate near or at cost and if you sell on the site you pay 30% to Apple if you offer free you pay nothing. 2.  You cannot get Apple App site exposure. services. etc. for free if you merely point to an external web site to pay.   Basically Apple runs the App store at or near cost and it is not a charity for other companies whether directly or indirectly competing with Apple.  For some this is not acceptable and...
If this violates Apple's rules on apps, then the app may be pulled.
While not a fan of confederate flag in Government context, especially state house, I think the inclusion within historically accurate games is entirely reasonable, just like the swastica or hammer and sickle in other games. The effort to ennoble the confederate states with some kind of local rights advocacy vs national or economic oppression is a gross misrepresentation of the fundamental basis of the civil war, that is, pro-slavery and the wealth it...
The irony is palpable. Unfortunately for Amazon, the EU is much more effective in enforcing the law and they have a lot the loose. Microsoft and now Google have and are learning it's a more serious affair regarding monopoly abuse. Even Apple had a rough time, but eventually was able to proceed on music with DRM. Amazon does not have a track record of giving in to legal demands so this will be a great show to watch. If the courts reverse or severely reduce the Apple...
The value proposition of WWDC is publicity promoting new Apple initiatives and building stronger application developers. The costs and income are incidental. Therefore, the alt-Conf is an important augmentation. However, as with all rights, enforcement is necessary to protect these rights and benign neglect can easily lead to legal protection reduction. This can be simply resolved by an agreement accessing the content between the parties. No diminishing of rights due to...
Like Apple, Google was and is afraid of being dependent on another android (orig to fight windows CE) and Chrome. While Apple might "dump" Google, I think their priority is on customer value. They dropped Google Maps due to poor support to iPhone that is not keeping parity with Android and unreasonable terms regarding customer privacy. Assuming Google is behaving itself on privacy then Apple may continue as default search. However., I think non-browser search aka Siri...
While not my priority, he has the money so let him enjoy it. Lucky pets to have such a devoted owner.
I hope Cook gives some data on watch sales, the speculation is all over map.