or Connect

Posts by gprovida

As I recall, a big part of the tanking of Apple Stock were these same institutional investors. Not sure the stock benefits from this class of investor, who run programs that auto dump good stocks. They are NOT long term investors, even Carl Icahnn is a much better investor for Apple.
Big difference, the customer was the user and was focused on the user. CurrentC is focused on the retailer and that is the customer. The retailer customer is NOT the focus. If you want to make a comparison, then ATT, Verizon, et al were the cell phone manufacturer's customers, then Apple made the actual customer the owner of the cell phone and disrupted an entire industry. Now I see parallels in Apple Pay with iPhone, but NOT CurrentC.
This was intended as a reply to excellent post by Blastdoor.
I think this makes sense. While I am not entirely sure the suggested list of investments makes sense, the reality that $150B in cash is hard to imagine productive investments. Certainly buying Apple stock (given low P/E) and paying dividends is good use. At the rates currently spent it will just slow down the growth of cash. I find it amazing that there are so few real investment options for Apple at the scale of its annual profit not counting the existing hoard. This is...
Unfortunately, the ease and low threshold of what constitutes evidence to warrant a threat has dropped to the point that it is effectively meaningless. This suggests that with higher security levels that can be cracked the police et al need enough confidence that the "juice is with the squeeze" versus current process which is frequently seen as a fishing expedition. Another point is that other nations have such low regard for US efforts for privacy that it is unclear if...
I agree the sales expectations are rather high. IPhone sold only about 5+ million in the first year. Depending on exactly when you star counting.
http://stratechery.com/2014/now-apple-watch/ Recalling the long term move towards personal and as an aside mobile as its surrogate seeing the desktop to laptop to tablet, to smartphone, and now wearable phase 1 watch, the expectation is wearable watch will take the place of the smallest personal devices (2-3 years) and a new order of personal will evolve. Wearable (watch) IPhones iPads, laptops, desktops, TVs Will appear. Not everyone will have all of these, but expect...
Interesting development. I am not sure this is intended to punish SAMSUNG, my bet is Apple wants to diversify its supply chain, enhance competition, access other technology, as well as enhance protection of its chip set IP. It would not surprise me to see SAMSUNG back at some future date and/or split production. Whatever problems Apple has had with SAMSUNG's phone/mobile division, their components have been sound, advanced, and met huge demand surges. These are...
Well SAMSUNG has started this as well copying the stores. The interesting part is that the stores in Europe have design patents that should complicate using "copy me" strategy in one of the most important markets.
SAMSUNG made a gamble to put at risk it's biggest customer, Apple, to pursue smartphone competition with Apple and even after Google warned them to not copy so slavishly chose to do so. They were unable to repeat their success with Sony, Toshiba, and Panasonic and are now being treated to the same strategy by Chinese manufacturers. Their refusal to negotiate non-copy or clone with Apple, as in contrast with HTC, has resulted in a declining business relationship and...