or Connect

Posts by gprovida

So if you have a iPhone 4, 3GS, or older than 5 years you need to implement longer than 4 digit PIn under iOS 7. If you have a 4S, 5, 5S, or 6 then update your iOS to latest version. Sounds pretty straight forward and not a
Apple is trying to "push" the Watch on iPhone owners. Duh. iBooks, maps, newsstand, music, mail, Safari, etc. just move to a different screen.
The people who cannot afford luxury items will seek fakes with reduced quality and price. These are not Apple's market. The Chinese are very aware of difference between genuine luxury items (clothes, accessories, phones, and watches). While very annoying it is almost impossible to police due to scope and Government indifference. However, luxury watch makers have managed through this market reality and very successfully. I suspect Apple will as well. The actual lost...
Sounds like Microsoft and SAMSUNG and Sony copying efforts that have either failed or have minuscule sales and mindshare.
These sentiments need to taken with a grain of salt. How many of these car makers [Toyota?] are going to provide Apple Carplay and when? It is unlikely they will be as enthusiastic in partnerships based current behavior in the future. I suspect that the challenges of working with the automakers would play a role in any decision makes regarding this industry [software only as opined in Tech Review, some software and a few hardware thingies to add, expanded CarPlay,...
Well I was looking to switch from Ford Lincoln to Toyota, but this pretty much sets that plan back. I was very satisfied with my Lincoln and the move to Toyota would have been a change for me. But Ford dropping Sync and doing Apple CarPlay made a move to a new Lincoln model year 2016 and Toyota decision to at best defer CarPlay has cleared my thinking.
I think DeWitt pointed out that part of the game played was for hedge or others to make large bets on Apple Stock going down through "loans" with the expectation the automated trading (a big part of large investment funds) will react by dumping the stock thereby creating an artificial albeit effective depression of the stock. Long term investors generally don't take the bait and they may buy at this time (as Apple does). I am not an expert so this is probably overly...
These investors are not really investors, but speculators. The unreasonable drop in Apple stock prices in 2012/2013 were leg by the companies and they will do the same again. Apple did not change its strategy, remained enormously profitable, gobble up profits, etc., while its competitors focused on share and driving the profits and ASP into the ground. Therefore, it is hard not see these investors as more of a problem for Apple and it real investors than a vindication of...
Anyone betting he or they are betting on a slide in stock value and hoping this silliness can push the market. But history has shown Apple stock has little to no relevance to Apple performance in sales and profits - so it's a waste of effort.
Since this looks like a scaled up iPhone 5/5S, it might attract vintage phone aficionados, but it seems more than a little copy-kat. Deja Vu Last month's Galaxy. The new score sheet seems to be a list of sensors, not their utility, just a list. I can see the bloggers matrix with sensors silly or not listed across the top phones on the vertical and check boxes for part of phone. Of course, this means nothing unless they really function with good API, use cases, and apps....