or Connect

Posts by gprovida

I hope Cook gives some data on watch sales, the speculation is all over map.
I ordered my 38mm Stainess Steel Apple Watch with Milanese Band on 6 May got credit card billed 11 May, shipping notice 12 May, and it should be delivered today. In other worfds, 7 days. Note I also ordered white sport band as well and it is still in process. It seems some models have great availability.
Aside from continuing sync ick the idea that you are going to mix and match like describe is going to be a nightmare of bugs, conflicts, and crashes as apps are updated. Why not a simple menu to boot into MS Sync, Android, or Car Play. All they are doing is confusing consumers and risking very messy stability and performance. Ford is simply not competent to do the triage and maintenance. Heck their current electronic diagnostics are of limited value in repairs. I can...
I have delayed my car choice with Ford Lincoln partly waiting for Apple Car and dumping that awful Sync. If this is where Ford is headed in 2016 then it's time to look at anothe car company. You would think the miserable performance and consumer dislike for sync would drive change sooner, but .....
I would have sworn there was an article justifying Apple's early day stock price drop due to Stockmarket concerns that Apple will not be able to keep up this growth in time. Now that Apple Stock is up in the afternoon, this perspective has disappeared. Yet another example of how speculation, hindsight, etc., create narratives on stock prices that are simple rationalizations for random noise in the system, whether individual or computer based herding behavior. Go for the...
I think it's aliens so get your aluminum foil hats on. Given the many many many stories if app delays for many many many reasons it seems more than a bit silly to make such speculations on why a particular app gets delayed.
Complex relationship where Brazil Gov't and its labor unions want jobs on their terms but Foxconn has a different agenda of highly responsive production and associated labor force. It's not these can't work together, but it looks like they talk past each other.
I did some searches on "xxxx Samsung phones bending" substituing NY Times, Washington Post, BBC, WSJ, and LA Times so see how they were reporting this. I what I found was lots of hits on Apple iPhne circa Sept 2014, but none on SAMSUNG, interesting. It will be interesting to see if any major outlet says anything and how long before they do, but that is just cynical me.
As usual tax law confuses me. As I understand it there is a "hidden sales" tax on all sales of Apple hardware, VAT that is substantial, this does not include any direct sales tax. So Governments make quite a penny on Point of Sale of Apple products. However, as in the US, there is a tax on profit or income (not necessarily the same thing) the Apple Apple pays to US Government (I think on profit made in the US while profit made overseas is deferred until money returns to...
OK, I am a big fan of Applepay and my experiences have been very good. Issue 1. Have to do it twice. I find that the wireless readers and associated software doesn't always work even when the check box appears. I suspect this is more an indication that the info was sent to the store not that the store got it. At Whole Foods there are a set of lights above the touch screen and if they all light up, 4 of them, then you are good to go. Issue 2. Stores have NFC pay...