or Connect

Posts by gprovida

Well I was looking to switch from Ford Lincoln to Toyota, but this pretty much sets that plan back. I was very satisfied with my Lincoln and the move to Toyota would have been a change for me. But Ford dropping Sync and doing Apple CarPlay made a move to a new Lincoln model year 2016 and Toyota decision to at best defer CarPlay has cleared my thinking.
I think DeWitt pointed out that part of the game played was for hedge or others to make large bets on Apple Stock going down through "loans" with the expectation the automated trading (a big part of large investment funds) will react by dumping the stock thereby creating an artificial albeit effective depression of the stock. Long term investors generally don't take the bait and they may buy at this time (as Apple does). I am not an expert so this is probably overly...
These investors are not really investors, but speculators. The unreasonable drop in Apple stock prices in 2012/2013 were leg by the companies and they will do the same again. Apple did not change its strategy, remained enormously profitable, gobble up profits, etc., while its competitors focused on share and driving the profits and ASP into the ground. Therefore, it is hard not see these investors as more of a problem for Apple and it real investors than a vindication of...
Anyone betting he or they are betting on a slide in stock value and hoping this silliness can push the market. But history has shown Apple stock has little to no relevance to Apple performance in sales and profits - so it's a waste of effort.
Since this looks like a scaled up iPhone 5/5S, it might attract vintage phone aficionados, but it seems more than a little copy-kat. Deja Vu Last month's Galaxy. The new score sheet seems to be a list of sensors, not their utility, just a list. I can see the bloggers matrix with sensors silly or not listed across the top phones on the vertical and check boxes for part of phone. Of course, this means nothing unless they really function with good API, use cases, and apps....
Does anyone have a calibration on UBS predictions of iPhone sales in 2012 and 2013???? This should play a big part of judging their claims.
Apparently, the litigants are upset the iOS 8 uses more memory than iOS 7, my casual check says about 500 MB or 1/32 more. Since Apple did not warn them the new iOS would use this amount they felt deceived and cheated. I find this absolutely silly. If you had iOS 7 device you knew it used memory, if you failed to do minimum due diligence on memory use by an upgrade, presumably for new higher value features, then I think you must accept accountability, especially when you...
I think taking at their word, like music, movies, TV, etc., Apple is not in the banking, credit card, etc., business. The Services are there to support customer use of iOS devices. Apple is able to create strongly differentiated value to customers with secure, private, and easy to use Services. Apple's customers are the owners of Apple devices, Apple customers are not the product. As Cook has said follow the money to understand the business model. While Services has cash...
As I recall, a big part of the tanking of Apple Stock were these same institutional investors. Not sure the stock benefits from this class of investor, who run programs that auto dump good stocks. They are NOT long term investors, even Carl Icahnn is a much better investor for Apple.
Big difference, the customer was the user and was focused on the user. CurrentC is focused on the retailer and that is the customer. The retailer customer is NOT the focus. If you want to make a comparison, then ATT, Verizon, et al were the cell phone manufacturer's customers, then Apple made the actual customer the owner of the cell phone and disrupted an entire industry. Now I see parallels in Apple Pay with iPhone, but NOT CurrentC.