or Connect

Posts by kpluck

It seems simple enough but it really doesn't seem any easier than pulling out a card from my wallet. Of course, security is another matter but since I don't have to pay a penny for my card being used fraudulently who cares? I will say it definitely looks better than anything I have seen on Android. I think it will probably be more convenient with the Apple Watch.   That being said, I will be merciless with the snarky comments the first time I am in line behind an Apple...
While this is great news I would bet such a service from HBO will more like $20-25 a month because  they will still need to give a cut to the cable providers given their current contracts. And as more cable channels go with a similar strategy, you can bet the ISPs will revisit data caps as a means to recover lost revenue. -kpluck
That is just silly. Best practices for password security are well known and relatively simple. If a user is too stupid to learn the rules, let them reap the benefits of their ignorance.  Big problem with that, at least in the US. Current case law allows the government to force you to give up biometric data if they want access to your encrypted data. However, forcing you to give up a memorized password is consider self incriminating testimony and considered...
Well it seems of all the things they copied from Apple they apparently missed the money making items.   -kpluck
That is irrelevant and not really the focus of the suit. It is a good idea to read the entire article and not just the headline before posting. -kpluck
Similar stuff has been available in the Google Play store for awhile. You really should get out more. -kpluck
Yep. And just like the iPad 3 the smart money will wait for the next models to get the revision done right. It is unfortunate but Apple has clearly made some bad decisions with the design of these new iPhones. -kpluck
Anand Shimpi, recent Apple hire and founder of Anandtech.com (often accussed of being an Apple fanboi) did an anaylsis of the iPhone's 1GB of RAM (I believe it was an iPhone 5) and was able to show it was causing performance problems in various situations. I think this is probably an 80/80 type situation. 80% of the people won't notice a difference 80% of the time. Personally, I think it is bad for entirely different reason. It paints Apple as a penny pincher, cutting...
I am sure the smart people will do exactly that. I certainly understand the desire to get the new phone as soon as possible but the practical side of me thinks that is rather foolish. Between two new designs and iOS 8 I think it is much smarter to wait out the initial production runs and let any major bugs get worked out. Plus, I think it likely that as Apple starts getting data in on problems with the new phones that they could make silent changes on the physical design...
The watch is 6 months from release. The reason why we didn't see the same level of rumors for the watch is simply because outside vendors hadn't had access to it yet. -kpluck