or Connect

Posts by kpluck

Stagefright is easily avoided by turning off auto-retrieve in the android messaging app. Not that it isn't a serious issue, it certainly is, but it is easy to thwart. It sounds like this problem can be rather easily avoided as well by sticking to the Google Play store and not visiting dodgy websites. So, rule of thumb, if you don't want to know anything about your device stick with iOS, it is clearly a more secure mobile OS. However, if you are reasonably intelligent and...
Ok, I will bite...please explain how the way Google licenses Android is responsible for OEMs not updating their phones and also is responsible for the way cell carriers hold up updates. -kpluck
I have owned a half dozen different versions of Parallels over the years but stopped at version 9. They refuse to properly support the latest operating systems in anything but their newest released products. If you don't mind upgrading every year then go ahead, shell out the bucks. Otherwise, I recommend going with VirtualBox (free) or VMWare's Fusion.   -kpluck
Nothing new. This type of shoddy, biased article has been standard operating procedure at the NYT and many other major news papers for quite some time and it certainly wasn't limited to phone/electronics coverage.   -kpluck
The Touch also will not have a GPS chip. What speed does the A8 run in the Touch? What about the speed of the A7 in 5s?   -kpluck
Not according to another story I read. It says specifically that this service only works over your Comcast internet connection and will not function when you are on the go using someone else's net connection. -kpluck
Really? How much less? It is hard to draw meaning from your post without knowing how much less you could care.  -kpluck
Well Apple really needed to correct this and I glad they seemed to have done it quickly. That being said, it also helps to highlight how moronic and "knee jerk" they were originally. This is what happens when you base decisions not on sound policy but by what is the "hot button" PC issue in the media. -kpluck
 Yet somehow we have far fewer personal liberties and far less freedoms than we did 30-50 years ago. Yeah progress. -kpluck
Here is the other side of the story, Apple has known about a serious security problem for six months and not only has it not been fixed, they haven't even bothered to put a press release together saying what the plan is to resolve this issue in Yosemite or El Capitan. -kpluck