or Connect

Posts by kpluck

LOL...classic AppleInsider -KeithP
It is funnier how you are completely wrong about this only becoming a concern when it is an Apple product. -kpluck
You can back up photos and videos to OneDrive. In fact, last I checked, when you launch OneDrive for the first time, it asks you if you want to back up your photos and videos and if you agree, they give you an extra 3GB of space for the free in addition to the 15GB you already get (18GB total for free). -kpluck
You could download videos for content you purchased and, I think, rent. However the feature wasn't allowed for Prime Video streaming. -kpluck
I am curious, how would it be possible that Apple lacks the infrastructure for such a service when the article suggests they would have come out with it in June or at the fall event if they had reached a deal with the content holders?   If those rumors were true, it would seem to clearly indicate that Apple feels it does have the infrastructure needed to provide the service.   -kpluck
I guess that is a possibly but the problem I see with that is the size of most "business" documents. Outside of a large database file, even a 16GB iPhone would be able to store thousands of average size business documents. Plus, most businesses that would be worried about such a thing probably wouldn't let their employees store any documents on their phones. It is a pure money play on Apple's part. A 16GB entry level phone encourages users to upgrade to the 64GB for...
From Ars...Given it only occurs in Unity Mode and not consistently at that, it doesn't seem to be a big deal. Given how Parallels operates, I would take that bug over Parallels any day of the week. -kpluck
While true, the headline is designed to get shared like an article while it is clearly an advertisement for a sponsor, directly paid or not. -kpluck
I can see why Tim Cook is interested in this, they are charging hundreds of dollars for something that shouldn't cost more than $50.    -kpluck
 Stagefright is easily avoided by turning off auto-retrieve in the android messaging app. Not that it isn't a serious issue, it certainly is, but it is easy to thwart. It sounds like this problem can be rather easily avoided as well by sticking to the Google Play store and not visiting dodgy websites. So, rule of thumb, if you don't want to know anything about your device stick with iOS, it is clearly a more secure mobile OS. However, if you are reasonably intelligent and...