or Connect

Posts by kpluck

Very cool technology. I am sure insurance companies will love access to all this data. -kpluck
I used Gazelle awhile back to get rid of an iPhone 4. The entire process was very smooth and easy. That being said, this is an advertisement and should be labeled as such. Enclosing it an "exclusive offer" wrapper doesn't really change that fact.   -kpluck
A less expensive iMac? Seems unlikely. Everyone knows when Apple improves the iMac they make it thinner and the external ports more inconvenient to access. Making a cheaper iMac seems very un-Apple. -kpluck
When Intel announced the chipset for TB2 in 2013 they said it would have limited availability until sometime this year. I don't know why every story about the new Mac Pro availability issues seems to ignore this fact. In any event, I don't think there can be any question that supply of the TB2 chips is part of the problem for the constrained supply. GPU supply issues are probably also contributing. I have no doubt initial demand for the new Mac Pro was probably pretty...
 What else would you expect from most users of this site? If Apple wasn't involved and it was Adobe, Google, Intel and Microsoft they would be screaming for criminal charges to be filed and that even 9B wouldn't be enough. But since it is Apple...well, you know the drill. -kpluck
 Readers can't "save on sales tax". They are legally required to pay it regardless if the vendor they buy it from collects it or not. Or are you suggesting your readers not pay their taxes? -kpluck
It seems to me if the evidence so damning as claimed criminal charges are not out of the question. Well, in theory anyway. I am sure these companies have enough money to get whatever political influence they need to see that it won't happen.
They aren't stupid enough to actually degrade other sources they will simply ensure Apple's content (or Netflix, or whatever company is paying them money) is operating at 100%. Of course by comparison, the competitor's content will not work as well. Right now the government has no authority to regulate NN. And I guarantee you whatever new rules the FCC puts in place will be full of holes/exemptions. The "open" internet is dead. The only thing that could be done to fix...
And so it begins, first Netflix and now Apple. Big, established companies can buy their way through problems while new startups will be shutout. The innovation on the internet, R.I.P. How we experience things over the internet will be completely different in 5-10 years. -kpluck
Yeah, if you are going to go that route, shouldn't all MS devices be included? What about servers and Windows embedded products? Of course, if that was done, the numbers would be back in MS's favor and since this is nothing more than pointless link bait, that wouldn't work. Absolute garbage. -kpluck