or Connect

Posts by kpluck

I guess that is a possibly but the problem I see with that is the size of most "business" documents. Outside of a large database file, even a 16GB iPhone would be able to store thousands of average size business documents. Plus, most businesses that would be worried about such a thing probably wouldn't let their employees store any documents on their phones. It is a pure money play on Apple's part. A 16GB entry level phone encourages users to upgrade to the 64GB for...
From Ars...Given it only occurs in Unity Mode and not consistently at that, it doesn't seem to be a big deal. Given how Parallels operates, I would take that bug over Parallels any day of the week. -kpluck
While true, the headline is designed to get shared like an article while it is clearly an advertisement for a sponsor, directly paid or not. -kpluck
I can see why Tim Cook is interested in this, they are charging hundreds of dollars for something that shouldn't cost more than $50.    -kpluck
 Stagefright is easily avoided by turning off auto-retrieve in the android messaging app. Not that it isn't a serious issue, it certainly is, but it is easy to thwart. It sounds like this problem can be rather easily avoided as well by sticking to the Google Play store and not visiting dodgy websites. So, rule of thumb, if you don't want to know anything about your device stick with iOS, it is clearly a more secure mobile OS. However, if you are reasonably intelligent and...
Ok, I will bite...please explain how the way Google licenses Android is responsible for OEMs not updating their phones and also is responsible for the way cell carriers hold up updates. -kpluck
I have owned a half dozen different versions of Parallels over the years but stopped at version 9. They refuse to properly support the latest operating systems in anything but their newest released products. If you don't mind upgrading every year then go ahead, shell out the bucks. Otherwise, I recommend going with VirtualBox (free) or VMWare's Fusion.   -kpluck
Nothing new. This type of shoddy, biased article has been standard operating procedure at the NYT and many other major news papers for quite some time and it certainly wasn't limited to phone/electronics coverage.   -kpluck
The Touch also will not have a GPS chip. What speed does the A8 run in the Touch? What about the speed of the A7 in 5s?   -kpluck
Not according to another story I read. It says specifically that this service only works over your Comcast internet connection and will not function when you are on the go using someone else's net connection. -kpluck