or Connect

Posts by kpluck

I am curious, how did you determine it was an LG panel? -kpluck
Great news! Now, all those publications that we have been ignoring on the newstands can now be ignored digitally! -kpluck
The companies aren't asking that the foreign profits be tax free, they are asking that the tax be reduced from 35% to perhaps as low as 5% for a limited time. So even if no jobs were created, the government would get tax revenue from the incoming funds. The amount of money that would be brought into the US under this plan could be as much as 1 trillion dollars. Lets see, do you think it would be better for the government to get 35% of zero dollars, or 5% of 1 trillion...
I would agree that auto-save and versions will be nice, however, applications will have to be updated before they support those features. I don't know if I will wait for .1 release, but I will definitely wait until the 3rd party applications I use get updated so the new features are available when using them. -kpluck
Actually, it doesn't make sense. The white MacBook can easily be used as a person's only Mac if their requirements are simple enough. The MacBook Air can't, at least not without compromise. It just doesn't have enough storage at the $999 price point and the screen is too small. -kpluck
Exactly. The fact of the matter is, 720P can easily look better than 1080P depending on how much compression is applied. I would be willing to bet any 1080P stream supplied by anyone will have more compression applied than a 720P stream. Chances are, most people would be better off with less compressed 720P video than 1080P. -kpluck
The current iPad 2 already has a CPU/GPU powerful enough to support a higher res display. I believe this new model was originally suppose to arrive earlier but technical problems with the screens' production prevented it. In short, the current iPad 2 was designed for a higher res screen from the start. The only argument against buying a HR iPad 2 when it ships this fall, if you need/want such a device, would be that since it arrived late, it will probably be at most 6...
An iPad 3 will not ship before the end of the year. The iPad 2.5 on the other hand... Here is my theory, the original iPad 2 was suppose to have the high res display, which would explain why it has the CPU/GPU horsepower it currently has. Technical difficulties with the LCD panel prevented the iPad 2 from initially shipping with the display. Apple's plan is to launch another model of the iPad 2 with the retina display (name to be determined) instead of equipping all models...
I was wondering about this as well. Apple sells the phone to AT&T, isn't it AT&T that would decide if it is free with contract or not? I suppose it is possible Apple made a deal with AT&T that if they lowered the price of the phone, AT&T would have to give it away for free w/contract but the article makes no mention of such a deal. -kpluck
When the updated Mac Mini comes out, it will still have USB and probably Firewire. From what little I have seen on the subject so far, Macs currently can't boot from a drive connected by Thunderbolt. I would imagine that would include a USB or Firewire adapter that uses Thunderbolt for a connection. Will that change? Probably at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it requires a hardware change. Remember, Macs initially couldn't boot from USB drives and it was only...