or Connect

Posts by kpluck

No, that is incorrect. To have the iPhone on AT&T you must subscribe to a data plan. Which means you pay $30 for unlimited (if you are on the old plan), $15 for 250MB, $25 for 2GB, or $45 for 4GB and tethering/hot spot support. So the biggest increase tethering might cost you is $30 if you were on the $250MB plan. Personally, I think its criminally bad to offer a metered plan and then charge extra for how you decide to use it. A person should be able to pay for a data plan...
I don't know that the iPad 2 is in need of more than 512MB of RAM from a usability stand point. It may work perfectly fine with just 512MB. However, from a marketing stand point, not having a 1GB of RAM is a huge mistake. Apple's tablet competitors will, for the most part, all have 1GB of RAM. And they all will yell from the highest mountain top, that they have twice the RAM of the iPad 2. Add to that a large portion of consumers that spec shop and you have a situation...
Neither did I. Maybe they had it in initially and then removed it because it wasn't confirmed? In any event, the amount of RAM is still up in the air. -kpluck
As I understand it, Apple can't legally deny an AppleCare claim simply because an non-authorized source did some work on the machine unless that work was done incorrectly and was the source of the problem. -kpluck
Hmm, while possible I don't think he would want to show up where a principle feature of the new hardware is that it is thinner and weighs less. -kpluck
Which may be exactly what they have planned. I am surprised Google hasn't gone this route because they already have the VOIP software in place. Dump the cell phone network, stick with wifi. -kpluck
That is probably because the benchmark in question was an average of a bunch of tests and some of them had to do with drive performance. Since the Air has an SSD, that gave it a boost. On CPU and GPU based benchmarks the Air is slower. -kpluck
Actually it is not. Using an average to gauge a performance increase can be extremely misleading. The MBP 13 has a great CPU and it is definitely an improvement, so if what you do on your machine is CPU bound you will be happy. However, if you find the CPU of your current MPB 13 adequate and the GPU is where you would like improvement, than this MBP 13 is a downgrade. Take myself for example, the only time my MBP 13 shows a performance weakness is when I play a game (I...
Judging by the group having dinner, saying he hates consumers would be more accurate. Given the Obama administration's complete failure to do anything significant in regards to technology it is odd the dinner is happening at all. I am guessing the reason they arranged the dinner was because it was the only way "Obama" and "Jobs" could be mentioned in a single story and have it be positive. -kpluck
You clearly are misinformed on the economics of these businesses. In many cases that 30% is going to have a huge impact on profit.If Amazon is forced into these rules I bet you will see the Kindle app disappear from the App store. It would be more cost effective for Amazon to give iOS users Kindle hardware then to give Apple a 30% cut of the sales.Being an Apple user is like living in a crime ridden neighborhood when a gang moves in and promises to clean it up. At first it...