or Connect

Posts by kpluck

The Steve Jobs that left Apple was not the same person as the Steve Jobs that returned and is now running Apple. While hiring Sculley was a mistake, it is beyond foolish to think if they had given the position to Steve Jobs back then that he would have been as successful as he has been since his return. -kpluck
Until they add an option that prevents my organs from being given to someone serving a prison term, they will rot with the rest of my body after I die. -kpluck
The iPad was announced at the end of January and was in peoples hands at the beginning of April. What is that, around 60 days? And they announced pricing as well. The RIM product has no pricing and an early 2011 ship date. If it was going to ship in January, they would have said so. What "early 2011" means is that they aren't confident about the ship date which will be Feb or March, at the earliest. The early announcement was done, as others have suggested, to keep some...
It will be interesting to see how Apple's HDR implementation stacks up to some of the 3rd party apps. I have been using ProHDR and have been very happy with it. -kpluck
So which of Camera+'s competing apps did you write? -kpluck
This makes perfect sense. Clearly, anyone using an iPhone is willing to accept a lot of flaws in return for getting a little pleasure. -kpluck
Why do you need a plugin? Just go to youtube.com/html5 and join the html5 beta. Problem solved. -kpluck
Actually, the idiots here are the morons that like to use hindsight and say it was a mistake to fire Steve Jobs back in the day because of how well Apple is doing now. The fact is Jobs made a lot of mistakes and learned a lot between the time he was fired and then rehired at Apple. The decision to let him go at the time was the correct one. -kpluck
Synthetic benchmarks like these are near pointless as a basis for comparison. They over estimate, by far, the performance difference that users will actually experience. As far as "future proofing" goes, with these new iMacs, that concept is rather silly. In all likelihood, these will be the last iMacs without USB 3.0. This will also adversely affect their resale value. Frankly, with Apple's current line up, unless you are a professional and can justify the expense,...
It looks nice but I can't help but feel that Apple blew it on the design of this thing. It really should have included at least one USB port for charging devices like the iPad or iPhone. -kpluck