or Connect

Posts by kpluck

Yep, like prisoners serving life sentences. I stopped being an organ donor years ago in protest because they give prisoners, even ones serving life sentences, organ transplants. Until California changes the law to allow potential donors to specify their organs not go to prisoners, I will not be a donor. -kpluck
Everyone, please forgive stonefree's ignorance. You see, he went to public school and was taught by those teachers. -kpluck
Well, that assumes there are Mac versions of those games to download. The article specifically mentions Portal 2 is coming to OS X and Steam. Steam is not Half Life 2, Left 4 Dead, etc. Those games would have to ported. This article seems to be making the same mistake that a lot of people are making, Steam = Source Engines games, which is not true. Steam is just a distribution platform. Hopefully Steam's release on the Mac does mean we will be getting these games on OS X....
As others have pointed out, Steam is just a game distribution system. Thinking stuff you bought on the PC through Steam would start suddenly working on the Mac would be like thinking iPhone apps would run on your Windows Mobile phone because Apple has a Windows version of iTunes. Even if Valve were to port the Source Engine to OS X, that would just be the first step. Havoc would probably have to be ported as well and then the games would have to worked on. I would...
This is true but you are thinking about it backwards. Apple designed the iPad from the start to run the iPhone OS, thus its hardware designed is geared for that. If Apple had made the decision to have the pad run OS X, the hardware would be different. Most of your other points are similar. If Apple had designed the pad to run OS X from the start, most of the problems you outline would have been dealt with in hardware and software during the design process. Really the only...
LOL. There are plenty of reason's for Valve to do this, they are called dollars. Casual games are huge money makers and there are plenty for OS X that could be delivered by Steam. I am not saying I believe they will or will not do this, but a business case could be easily made for bringing Steam to OS X. However, the biggest problem I see for games on OS X is the crappy GPU options on Apple's consumer desktop products. The top of the line iMac only has 4850 512MB GPU for...
Maybe, maybe not.All reports seem to suggest that the iPhone is selling very well and Apple is just keeping up with demand. Based on that, I think it is highly unlikely that Apple would try and split production between different models of iPhones that work on different networks. Especially considering that CDMA is a US only, one carrier deal.So that leaves the option of making one iPhone that would work on both networks. This is a possibility but I don't think Apple will...
Yes, most Apple customers feel the same way....and Apple knows this. That is why we pay premium prices for poorly built hardware with limited options. -kpluck
Agreed. Anyone that can win the Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing can certainly win Time's Person of the Year award. -kpluck
There was a video circulating a while ago of the software in action on the "micro console." I believe it was running Crysis. You could actually see the lag. Watching the person's hand on the joypad, you could see when he selected the fire button and then watch the delay when the on screen character actually fired. I had heard that the speculation was the company was going to put servers locally at various ISPs to minimize the lag but I can't ever see the technology working...